Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused about my IEC acceptance!

Options
  • 16-06-2017 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey all,

Hoping some of you guys who have been through the IEC process can help me out:

I've been accepted (I think) but have a couple of queries.

- The acceptance letter begins "Your application to work in Canada has been approved." but doesn't mention IEC or the two-year duration. Is this standard?

- Also, later in the letter it says "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires." What confuses me about this is the face that there's nothing 'affixed' in my passport at all. Is this an electronic thing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mark Connolly

Hey all,

Hoping some of you guys who have been through the IEC process can help me out:

I've been accepted (I think) but have a couple of queries.

- The acceptance letter begins "Your application to work in Canada has been approved." but doesn't mention IEC or the two-year duration. Is this standard?

- Also, later in the letter it says "If you are from a country/territory which requires a temporary resident visa (TRV), you have also been issued a visa. This visa has been affixed in your passport, and is valid for multiple visits to Canada until it expires." What confuses me about this is the face that there's nothing 'affixed' in my passport at all. Is this an electronic thing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Should be able to click on that and download the pdf which is the actual letter you need to show them at customs

Advertisement