Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill issues

Options
  • 16-06-2017 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been an Eir broadband customer for a number of years paying 45 Euro per month in all that time. No real issues with the broadband, speed fine and reliability is good.

Recently I have had the opportunity to leave my mobile contract with o2 after being under contract with them for nearly 15 years.

I looked around and seen that Eir did a deal, rolling 30 day contract, important for me, for 25 Euro. I thought that that will do for now until I see how things go.

I rang yourselves and this is where the issues began.

Firstly, I happened to notice on my account that you recontracted me to the broadbrand for a further 18 months without my knowledge. Is this allowed? I assume that I would have to be asked if I wanted to commit to a contract.

Further to that I now see that my bill is a combined broadband and mobile for 87 Euro per month plus vat. So instead of 45 + 25 which is what I fully expected to pay and at no time have been informed otherwise I am paying an extra 30 odd which completely negates any point of me looking for value. After I rang today to enquire about the bill I was notified that I could get a discount of 20 Euro which would bring it down to 67 plus vat. So now I have a bill of 82.41. I told the fella at this point that I will look into it further as his urgency to get me signed up seemed unsettling and I presume this would tie me to a further contract.

What I fully expected from the start was a bill of 70 Euro max. Is this sharp practice common for yourselves. I would hope to request that you check the call logs and listen to my original call and the fact that at no time notice was given or agreement to a new contract. 

I hope that this will be rectified.

Regards.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Best of luck derossi.best of luck.
    In fairness the reps here are brilliant,reps in the call centre?forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

derossi wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been an Eir broadband customer for a number of years paying 45 Euro per month in all that time. No real issues with the broadband, speed fine and reliability is good.

Recently I have had the opportunity to leave my mobile contract with o2 after being under contract with them for nearly 15 years.

I looked around and seen that Eir did a deal, rolling 30 day contract, important for me, for 25 Euro. I thought that that will do for now until I see how things go.

I rang yourselves and this is where the issues began.

Firstly, I happened to notice on my account that you recontracted me to the broadbrand for a further 18 months without my knowledge. Is this allowed? I assume that I would have to be asked if I wanted to commit to a contract.

Further to that I now see that my bill is a combined broadband and mobile for 87 Euro per month plus vat. So instead of 45 + 25 which is what I fully expected to pay and at no time have been informed otherwise I am paying an extra 30 odd which completely negates any point of me looking for value. After I rang today to enquire about the bill I was notified that I could get a discount of 20 Euro which would bring it down to 67 plus vat. So now I have a bill of 82.41. I told the fella at this point that I will look into it further as his urgency to get me signed up seemed unsettling and I presume this would tie me to a further contract.

What I fully expected from the start was a bill of 70 Euro max. Is this sharp practice common for yourselves. I would hope to request that you check the call logs and listen to my original call and the fact that at no time notice was given or agreement to a new contract. 

I hope that this will be rectified.

Regards.
    Hi derossi,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about the issues you're experiencing with your contract and your bill. I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing these issues since adding a mobile phone to your account.

Can you send me your account number and full name in a PM please? I'll take a look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭derossi

PM sent, Thank you.

PM sent, Thank you.
    Thanks for that.

I'll respond to your PM when I look into this for you.

-Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    PM sent, Thank you.
    Thanks for that.

I'll respond to your PM when I look into this for you.

-Adam
    Hi,

Any update on this?

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I will query this with Adam for you now.

Thanks,
    Anna

Adam has advised that he had set up a call recording case n order to resolve this issue.

This can take up to 21 working days to come back with confirmation.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi,

Thanks, any update at this stage?

Regards.

I'm afraid Adam is currently out of the office.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will follow this up for you as I do not have access to his PM's?

Thanks,
    Anna

Just wondering about an update or what Rep is on so that I can send my details?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I see I have received another bill that is way above what I was expecting. I would like to get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

I see I have received another bill that is way above what I was expecting. I would like to get this resolved sooner rather than later.

Thanks.
    Hi derossi, 

I've received your PM there now, I've checked this for you and can see the case is still within the timeframe. There is no further update on this. As soon as they have listened to this and come to a resolution they will contact you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Anna 

Hi, what generally is the timeframe?

The standard lead time for this is 21 working days.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused in this.

Thanks,
    Anna

Hi, any word on this?

Hi, any word on this?
    Hi derossi, 

I'm afraid there is no update on this at present. 

I have contacted the call recording team to query this, as soon as I hear back I'll come back to you.

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Anna 

How do I move this forward? Can it be escalated? Do I need to make a complaint or some other sort of action?

Thanks.

How do I move this forward? Can it be escalated? Do I need to make a complaint or some other sort of action?

Thanks.
    Hi derossi,

Sorry to hear you haven't heard back about this yet. I'll chase this up for you now and let you know when I have more information for you. 

- Adam

Hi, still no contact or information. How can I make a complaint?

Hi,

A member of our call recording department has attempted to contact you twice yesterday and once today about this issue. 

Would you like me to try to arrange another call back in regards to this for you?

You can view our complaints procedure on the below link:

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

- Adam

• Advertisement

Hi,

A member of our call recording department has attempted to contact you twice yesterday and once today about this issue. 

Would you like me to try to arrange another call back in regards to this for you?

- Adam
    I have no missed calls regarding this either yesterday or today. Yes please arrange a call. I am free now!

Hi,

- Adam
    I have no missed calls regarding this either yesterday or today. Yes please arrange a call. I am free now!
    Can you send me your mobile number in a PM please?

- Adam

Pm sent

Pm sent
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM shortly.

- Adam

Advertisement