Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much focus on one issue

Options
  • 16-06-2017 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Is the media just saturating itself with the one news story.

I understand in the run up to an election and on major incidents like that of the fire in London.

Political in Ireland the over focus on Leo Vardarak becoming Taoiseach.

On CNN constant running commentary on Trump his tweets and Russia.

In Britain the issues surrounding the DUPs support of The Conservatives.

Is there nothing else to talk about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭reason vs religion

Elmo wrote: »
    Is the media just saturating itself with the one news story.

I understand in the run up to an election and on major incidents like that of the fire in London.

Political in Ireland the over focus on Leo Vardarak becoming Taoiseach.

On CNN constant running commentary on Trump his tweets and Russia.

In Britain the issues surrounding the DUPs support of The Conservatives.

Is there nothing else to talk about?

Do you mean focusing on current events to the detriment of long run trends? Hasn't this always been the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Do you mean focusing on current events to the detriment of long run trends? Hasn't this always been the case?

We live in a world of 24 hour news and yet most news media not just TV are focused a few set news items.

I understand completely the coverage of the fire at the tower in London, but you'd wonder where the media where prior to this disaster?

The media seem to be constantly in Hindsight.

I watched CNN the other day an the panel even discussed under any other president some decisions that Trump is making would make it into the news cycle, yet because of Russia and on that day the shootings at the Rep Baseball practice it was off the agenda.

Take those shootings, I just had no sympathy for the politicians involved, but this was after seeing them so often on CNN and other media outlets, and the juxtaposition of the families and friends caught up in the Fire in London.

Advertisement