Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New job and shift/role issues

Options
  • 16-06-2017 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭

I started a new job two weeks ago. Sincec I started I've had two issues that are yet to be resloved:

1. The shifts I am expected to work do not have the required 12 hours rest period between them.

2. The job is in breech of the current legislation regards security work. I am not a qualified security guard and I do not hold a PSA license therefore I am personally liable.

I have engaged with them over this and was expecting someone to revert to me today. I haven't received any calls. I've been told that the word "security" will be removed from my job description but that doesn't address the issues.

I am feeling really stressed out by the messing around. I'm obviously on probation and don't want to lose the job but I'm very concerned about these two issues. I am also annoyed no one got back to me as promised. I am due to do a shift tomorrow and just feel I don't want to given the uncertainty.

Can I refuse to do the shift as its technically not legal ( I'm finished at 11pm tonight and due to start back again tomorrow morning at 8am)

I don't want to leave the job as I feel it can be worked out but the lack of communication or clarity is causing me concern.

Advertisement