Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa not working

Options
  • 16-06-2017 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

On two occasions now, when trying to use my card online, when I get to a page which asks me to enter my Verified by Visa details, there is simply a blank space in the portion of the screen where the form should appear, and I am unable to proceed.  This has happened on two separate websites, so it is not an issue with the sites themselves.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    On two occasions now, when trying to use my card online, when I get to a page which asks me to enter my Verified by Visa details, there is simply a blank space in the portion of the screen where the form should appear, and I am unable to proceed.  This has happened on two separate websites, so it is not an issue with the sites themselves.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this?
    Hi DeeTee100, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this. 

There's a couple of things to check first to see if we can identify what's happening. 

The payment verification page for verified by visa could be blocked from loading correctly. When this happens do you see any message or pop up on your browser saying that the page has been blocked?

The page may also be prevented from loading due to local firewall or antivirus programs settings. If you have another browser available, please can you check if this is happening with the other browser too? 

Let me know if you're still having difficulties once you've done this and I can get some more information from you to investigate, thanks.

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭DeeTee100

There's a couple of things to check first to see if we can identify what's happening. 

The payment verification page for verified by visa could be blocked from loading correctly. When this happens do you see any message or pop up on your browser saying that the page has been blocked?

The page may also be prevented from loading due to local firewall or antivirus programs settings. If you have another browser available, please can you check if this is happening with the other browser too? 

Let me know if you're still having difficulties once you've done this and I can get some more information from you to investigate, thanks.

Nicola
    Hi Nicola,
    Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like my ad blocker was preventing it from loading. I've disabled this now for the sites and it seems to have resolved it.

Thanks again for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

DeeTee100 wrote: »

Nicola
    Hi Nicola,
    Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like my ad blocker was preventing it from loading. I've disabled this now for the sites and it seems to have resolved it.

Thanks again for your help.
    That's great to hear DeeTee100, 

Thanks for letting us know.

Elaine 

Advertisement