Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for Jaguar

Options
  • 16-06-2017 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Okay so today I bought a jaguar impulsively without checking prices of insurance (I know, I know)... so to my horror it is quite expensive to insure my car. Does anybody know of insurance companies that are cheaper for jaguars? Really want to drive it. Just checked the tax too oh my God.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

lukesmom wrote: »
    Okay so today I bought a jaguar impulsively without checking prices of insurance (I know, I know)... so to my horror it is quite expensive to insure my car. Does anybody know of insurance companies that are cheaper for jaguars? Really want to drive it. Just checked the tax too oh my God.

If you can afford a jag, tax & insurance should be no problem:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

One happy Vendor....I'd say :).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,790 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Try 123.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Pre 2008 with a large petrol engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,540 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What type jag is it?

http://www.xsdirect.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

I had the same experience last month, I bough a jag x type diesel. My insurance jumped an extra €130 and my renewal is in August!
    I checked a few companies for qoutes and all quotes exeed 1k, when I questioned why I was told jags are generally expensive to insure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

It's 14 years old diesel type X. And no its not true if you can afford a jag you can afford insurance! Mine has NCT just need insurance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It's 14 years old diesel type X. And no its not true if you can afford a jag you can afford insurance! Mine has NCT just need insurance.

How much did it go up by?

600 euro

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

How much was the quote and what we're you driving before?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

It's 14 years old diesel type X. .
    2L Desiel is just over 700 for road tax, eek.png

Not just insurance you need to be worrying about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

In fairness the OP did mention Road Tax in his 1st post.
    And BTW the Missus went from a 1.4 petrol focus to a 1.8 diesel Focus two years ago. The annual road Tax was a few hundred quid more.....the Fuel bill fell by way more per annum.

Insurance did stay pretty much the same.

Just insured it online wasn't too bad either compared to a few quotes earlier. 700 euro road tax isn't the worst. Will be worth it as it's such a beautiful car.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,790 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2L Desiel is just over 700 for road tax, eek.png

Not just insurance you need to be worrying about.

Supply and demand, get a nice big spec safe car for half the price of a 1 litre car the same age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just insured it online wasn't too bad either compared to a few quotes earlier. 700 euro road tax isn't the worst. Will be worth it as it's such a beautiful car.

How did you insure it online?

You can only use your no claims discount on one car you know so if you have an existing policy then the NCD is being used on that.

I didnt have an existing policy! It lapsed the end of may.

Advertisement