Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubin city parking permit- determination of cost?

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Permit parking has been introduced on my street. It's either 50 or 400 per permit.

It's €400 per year "if your building is in a converted house, contains more than 4 housing units, has off road parking and is located in a heavy demand zone."

We are in a terraced house on a row of 17, with on road parking only.

To me the only criteria above we meet is being in a heavy demand zone (the letter we got states this). So shouldn't it be the basic fee of 50 rather than 400?

I'll be ringing the city council on Monday, but if anyone has experience with this I'd love to hear it. I have two very panicked housemates!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,413 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You have off-street parking. I don't think you are entitled to anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Annieapple14

Apologies, there was an error in the original post, I meant to say that we have on road parking only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

From DCC website:
    The standard fee for a resident’s parking permit is:

€50 for 1 year and €80 for 2 years if you live in a house.
    €400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking available to it and is located in a low demand zone (includes converted houses and apartment blocks).
    €400 for 1 year or €750 for 2 years if your building is a converted house, contains more than 4 housing units, has off-road parking available to it and is located in a heavy demand zone

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Annieapple14

Yes babyslam, I have read that and in fact have already quoted it above. What I am asking for is opinions as to it's interpretation. In other words, is being in a heavy demand zone alone enough to be charged 400 or do the other conditions in the sentence have to be met also? I think they do, my housemates are less sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

What's the issue?

Both €400 options state that you must have off road parking which you don't. So it's €50.

• Advertisement
Advertisement