Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

student insurance for Japan

Options
  • 16-06-2017 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi My daughter is heading to Japan for a one year University exchange Sept 2017. I am looking to get travel insurance for her but I am not sure if the normal single/multi trip travel insurance would cover her for the year abroad. Does anyone know if there is 'study abroad' insurance available. Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

annanomoli wrote: »
    Hi My daughter is heading to Japan for a one year University exchange Sept 2017. I am looking to get travel insurance for her but I am not sure if the normal single/multi trip travel insurance would cover her for the year abroad. Does anyone know if there is 'study abroad' insurance available. Many thanks

No, unfortunately not. Backpackers is the longest you can get and that doesn't cover academic exchange. My dd was in the US on exchange last year and we couldn't get anything. Her uni required her to have v expensive health insurance and she had her travel insurance for her trips over and back. My broker suggestedshe could claim from the college if there was an iasue of theft. Thankfully it wasn't an issue. Hope she had a wonderful time

Advertisement