Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing minor banning

Options
  • 16-06-2017 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I received a one-day ban for this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103700772&postcount=4

The moderator interpreted it as a rape joke. I can't help how someone else interprets it.

I don't think it's fair to have a mark on my record for something so innocuous.

I contacted the moderator but he/she said they were standing over their original decision

Thanks

Edit: I think I might have chosen the wrong category. Sorry. I don't see how to change it. It was on After Hours forum

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Edit: I think I might have chosen the wrong category. Sorry. I don't see how to change it. It was on After Hours forum
    Changed

One of the Social & Fun CMods should be along in due course to look at this for you

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry for the delay on this Donald. I've just given the Soc & Fun CMods a nudge

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay on this Donald. I've just given the Soc & Fun CMods a nudge

No rush at all. It's not urgent. But thanks anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

I can deal with this

Can you send me (or post here) your pm exchange with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hi

I can deal with this

Can you send me (or post here) your pm exchange with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue?

Ok Thanks. Sorry for delay. Will send to you now.

Please note that I had some issues with sending messages. I think it took me three tries (and having to switch back to the legacy site) before it sent. It appeared to send blank messages before then. I didn't receive any response after a few days so I presume they hadn't sent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi DT
    Just wanted to let you know this hasn't been forgotten about.

I would say however that your protestations about your post not being a rape joke were unhelpful. The post clearly was intended to be. Whether that breaks the site rules is what I am attempting to ascertain.

First of all apologies for the delay with this. Life has been very busy for me over the last few weeks.

With respect to your ban, it is a long held rule in AH that jokes about rape are disallowed and actioned where they arise in all cases. This has been the case for years and my own research and discussions with the mods has confirmed this.
    That said putting myself in the position of a regular poster I could not find anyway that I should be expected to know that. So that leaves me seeing whether your post breached any of the other rules on boards or the AH charter. I think it could be argued either way tbh. The post was not excessively crude but it did make fun of a very sensitive topic for a lot of people.
    In addition I would say that your interaction with the mod in question was disingenuous leaving a lot to be desired and your protestations were an insult to his intelligence.
    So you are on notice that any 'jokes' of that sort will be actioned in future and if you are here again I would hope that I could read an honest dialogue with the banning moderator.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt in this instance and remove the ban from your record.
    Please advise if we can close this process on that basis

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    First of all apologies for the delay with this. Life has been very busy for me over the last few weeks.

With respect to your ban, it is a long held rule in AH that jokes about rape are disallowed and actioned where they arise in all cases. This has been the case for years and my own research and discussions with the mods has confirmed this.
    That said putting myself in the position of a regular poster I could not find anyway that I should be expected to know that. So that leaves me seeing whether your post breached any of the other rules on boards or the AH charter. I think it could be argued either way tbh. The post was not excessively crude but it did make fun of a very sensitive topic for a lot of people.
    In addition I would say that your interaction with the mod in question was disingenuous leaving a lot to be desired and your protestations were an insult to his intelligence.
    So you are on notice that any 'jokes' of that sort will be actioned in future and if you are here again I would hope that I could read an honest dialogue with the banning moderator.
    I will give you the benefit of the doubt in this instance and remove the ban from your record.
    Please advise if we can close this process on that basis

Thanks very much. I appreciate it and you can close the thread. I will be careful in future.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement