Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun holiday with 3 yo twins and 1 year old

Options
  • 16-06-2017 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just spent about 3 hours researching family holiday ideas/locations and I am about to pull my hair out!

We are 2 adults, three year old twin girls and a 1 year old also. Last year we went to Praia De Luz for a week and stayed in the Estrella De Luz hotel and had a fantastic time. We had a proper 2 bed apartment with separate kitchenette and balconies and it was fantastic. The baby was in a travel cot in our room and the twins had two singles pushed together and it worked perfectly. I thought it was a great location and my wife enjoyed it too but she's not mad about going back.

I was hoping someone could recommend a sun destination and hotel which have two separate bedrooms and not pullout beds so that when the kids go down in the evening we can relax next door and read a book and have a glass or two in comfort.

I've just completed a part time masters so I owe her a decent holiday to make up for all the absenteeism so I am open to a few upmarket hotels if needs be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Summer2017

Hi,

I've just spent about 3 hours researching family holiday ideas/locations and I am about to pull my hair out!

We are 2 adults, three year old twin girls and a 1 year old also. Last year we went to Praia De Luz for a week and stayed in the Estrella De Luz hotel and had a fantastic time. We had a proper 2 bed apartment with separate kitchenette and balconies and it was fantastic. The baby was in a travel cot in our room and the twins had two singles pushed together and it worked perfectly. I thought it was a great location and my wife enjoyed it too but she's not mad about going back.

I was hoping someone could recommend a sun destination and hotel which have two separate bedrooms and not pullout beds so that when the kids go down in the evening we can relax next door and read a book and have a glass or two in comfort.

I've just completed a part time masters so I owe her a decent holiday to make up for all the absenteeism so I am open to a few upmarket hotels if needs be.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pedro

Hi pedropumpalot,

Like you, we have twins who are now 2. When they were 18 months old we went to the Holiday Village in Majorca. It was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We went all inclusive and paid a little extra for the crèche for a few hours per day. Felt the twins were safer indoors during the heat and allowed mum and dad lounge by the pool. We are not going abroad this year as twins very active and mobile however, I am checking holiday village for next year when they are 3. You should check them out. We booked through Falcon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Just rent a 2 bedroom apartment on airbnb. Works for us anyway.

Advertisement