Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Abroad in the Netherlands (or other parts of Europe)?

Options
  • 17-06-2017 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hallo!

I'm currently going into 5th year, so I've decided to research into possible universities. I'd like to do something language related, because I really enjoy learning languages in school and at home.

I initially looked at universities in Ireland, and the TSM (Italian and Russian) in Trinity appealed to me. Thinking a bit more, I realized that I wouldn't really like to study in Dublin that much (sorry if I have offended any Dubs). I would much prefer to study abroad (in Europe).

I have only really looked into the Netherlands, and I found the European Languages and Cultures course in the University of Groningen to be just what I needed. It's pretty much the perfect option except for the fact that it says something about a deadline in May? I'm not sure if that's 100% correct but I want to be able to start in September without taking a gap year. Any current Groningen students able to clear this up for me?

If that's not possible, I'd also like to study in another Dutch university, or in Norway, Italy, Greece, France, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, Finland or Belgium (ranked by preference).

These would be the things I'm looking for:

~ A course similar to the one in Groningen or Trinity I mentioned above.
    ~ A cheap place to study and live.
    ~ One where I will be able to start in September if I do my Leaving Cert in June, like in Ireland.

This is basically just in case I can't start the course in Groningen the same year I sit the LC, but I'm also looking for a few convincing alternatives too;)

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dank je wel

Advertisement