Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drying garlic

Options
  • 17-06-2017 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hello All.
    Just after digging out my crop of garlic from Polytunnel. It grew well n there all good size. Just wondering anybody any tips on drying them. Thinking of spreading them on a concrete slab that's fairy shaded for a few weeks. Any tips appreciated.
    Thanks All

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ideal way to dry any bulbs is to support a net over anything suitable so you can lay the bulbs out off the ground with air getting all around them.

I suspect on a concrete slab you may get condensation at night which won't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Last year we used plastic mesh/nets in the polytunnel suspended from the cross beams.

I made up a simple timber frame and covered it with chicken wire. Place onions/garlic on it so its off the ground. Handy then for bringing into shed that evening to avoid dew or rain.

Advertisement