Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebike Conversion Kit

Options
  • 17-06-2017 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried them? I've been thinking about getting an electric bike because I've gotten old and unfit (poor past health and a motorbike). I can't really justify a dedicated bike plus I've a great Thorn touring bike sitting around doing nothing.

These seem to offer a reasonable middle ground price wise but I'm just not sure if they're going to be worth the hassle installing or not. I was looking at something like LINK But then I don't know if there are better makers in the market etc etc. I also think the front hub would be best just to save on installation messing. I'm comfortable working on bikes but don't want anything to be too complicated.

Before anyone says just use the ordinary bike I work weird shift hours and live in Brisbane. Cycling 20km to work at mid day under my own power over part hilly terrain will just be suicide by heat stroke in summer :)

Advertisement