Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating in Kildare

Options
  • 17-06-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I'm 37 and have been single for almost 3 years. Its looking like things are gonna stay that way too and I need help/advice/a miracle please!!

I don't go out regularly so odds of meeting someone in a pub are slim. I've tried and given up and am currently trying again the online dating game. I've met a few nice guys but no spark and the one that there was a tiny spark with decided Kildare is too far away from Dublin!!! Aside from that you need to have a pretty thick skin when dating online.

So... what I'm wondering is is there anything to get involved in locally where I could potentially meet someone? I'm not looking for marriage, just some company would be lovely. I'm sporty and daring so willing to give anything a try!!

Thanks for reading!!

Comments

Take a look at meetup.com and see if any of the Kildare based groups are of interest. If would be a way of getting to meet new people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you've a good local gym with classes or a running club, they are both good places to meet up as there's always some chat before and after. Some will also hold member social events.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Badminton clubs are generally a good resource. 2 nights a week. All kinds of everyone there and I've never been to one that didn't have a great social aspect. Good potential.. summer clubs are on at the moment so you'd have an opportunity to scout a few clubs. Standard doesn't matter.

If you want to go mad, triathlon clubs are generally men heavy.

I've always imagined that hill walking clubs would be more a single persons pursuit given the time commitment but that could be completely in my head. Could be worth checking out to see what the age profile is in these clubs because it appears on the face of it to be a fantastic social way to meet people in a relaxed manner. Assuming it's not all 60 year old couples it may be worth a shout.

Advertisement