Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Not So Liberial.ie

• 17-06-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me who these are?

I've seen them on a few pages complaining about this and that and when you click on their name it says they don't exist yet they post everywhere.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eefslol

It's run by Leo Sherlock. Been in court over plagiarism. Consistently runs fake competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paulrice2017

eefslol wrote: »
    It's run by Leo Sherlock. Been in court over plagiarism. Consistently runs fake competitions.

ohhh ok, so he is real? any idea why when I click on the Facebook Link it says the page is down? But when I use the cached Link I can see the page and yet he still posts everywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Look at the liberal.ie exposed on twitter to get an idea of what goes on on that "news" site

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Look at the liberal.ie exposed on Twitter to get an idea of what goes on on that "news" site

I see he is being sued for sharing other newspapers stories. But isn't that what the share button is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

All you need to know; https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

I see he is being sued for sharing other newspapers stories. But isn't that what the share button is for?

There's a big difference between sharing it and trying to pass it off as your own.

Ineedaname wrote: »
    There's a big difference between sharing it and trying to pass it off as your own.

yeah, that's true enough. I've seen a lot of facebook pages and groups popping up and linking to the various newspaper pages. How come they haven't been taken down? does one need a snazzy suit to be sued lol hahaha

but seriously if one just posts a link to a story item on an online news article can they be sued as its only a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

If you link to a story the paper who wrote it get a click and revenue. That site copied and pasted the articles and passed them off as their own work thus denying the original authors revenue. Allegedly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can anyone tell me who these are?

I've seen them on a few pages complaining about this and that and when you click on their name it says they don't exist yet they post everywhere.
    Leo Sherlock. He has very strong links to Pro Life campaigns and would be quite at home in Justin Barretts party.

https://forum.ybig.ie/leo-sherlock-irelands-farright-walter-mitty_topic54868.html
    https://www.buzz.ie/news/theliberal-ies-founder-is-sharing-some-not-so-liberal-views-on-abortion-162531

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

All you need to know; https://twitter.com/TheLiberal_x

Thanks for that. Interesting reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

What an absolute bell end. Nothing sincere about him and only sorry he's caught

He doesn't give 2 flying fiddlers

http://www.thejournal.ie/the-liberal-apology-3494523-Jul2017/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Can't believe people are still conned by this shower. Every now and again some article there appears on my facebook wall because a few people I know have liked their page. Normally it's pretty tame stuff, but I just can't understand how everyone hasn't copped on to them now.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

By doing that, he probably drew more attention to the apology than if he'd simply used a black font.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I have to say the fraud, coupled with plagarism, coupled with creating fake accounts and fake journalists and then the decision to basically give two fingers to the court is quite startling. Is it any surprise he is connected to other delusional people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    I have to say the fraud, coupled with plagarism, coupled with creating fake accounts and fake journalists and then the decision to basically give two fingers to the court is quite startling. Is it any surprise he is connected to other delusional people.

DEcsUE8XsAE9F2N.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jaysus I always assumed he was some old boy.

Advertisement