Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for bathroom heater please ?

Options
  • 17-06-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Searched back on similar posts but with new technology, decided to ask again !
    Bathroom has existing radiator that cannot be upsized easily. Have ruled out a fan heater on the wall with a pull cord. Have about 75mm only in ceiling is something needs to be recessed.
    Looking for recommendations for a boost option or a Smart option !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Why has fan been ruled out: stat controllable with run time relay?

What material, size and finish is rad?

What size is 'room

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Why has fan been ruled out: stat controllable with run time relay?

What material, size and finish is rad?

What size is 'room

Was ruling out Dimplex type heater on wall with pull cord. Radiator is standard double radiator about 10 years old. Would like a towel radiator but don't know anything about their output.
    Room is about 9m2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Chrome towel rails output about 25% less than their white counter parts, and that is before you cover them with towels!.
    I do like the dimplex fan when used with a relay to shut them off after X minutes, they really help with getting rid of damp air via the extractor fan as raising the air temp of most of the air in the bathroom allows it absorb more moisture and the extractor will get rid of it better.
    the 2kw setting on the fan, has a stat so it will run at 1kw once the temp gets up there
    http://www.dpcalc.org/

there are elec heated chrome type towel rails as well

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm with Calahonda52. If it's a small bathroom the electric fan heater has advantages. Heats up instantly & not very expensive to run for 15 / 20 minutes at a time. You can take the chill out of a bathroom without having the central heating on & it gives more free space at ground level.
    Not suitable if you want heating on in the room for hours at a time.
    I've seen some bathrooms with a rad & a fan heater

Advertisement