Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onedigitals ireland

Options
  • 17-06-2017 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello iam just wondering if anyone has bought anything from onedigitals Ireland and actually recieved what they ordered.

As iam over 60 I wasn't as careful as I should have been .ordered a camera from them paid on credit card.The site which I thought was irish is actually based in Hong Kong

It was only afterwards I read the bad reviews where people paid for goods and never recieved them.now I feel stupid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Honestly, age has nothing to do with it. We can all get taken in on occasion. Now you know to check reviews etc before you order, hopefully it won't happen again.

Good that you paid via credit card as you should have payment protection via them.

How long ago did you make the order? Have you emailed the site to attempt to cancel the order?

Looking at the trustpilot reviews, I would contact your credit card company as soon as possible and point them to the trust pilot reviews and ask them to dispute the transaction for non receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Trustpilot isn't always that useful but when a rating is that low from that many users....

Assuming you ordered a reasonable amount of time ago - request a credit card chargeback ASAP. They are likely to have some form of customer care open tomorrow; if not do it Monday.

I had something delivered from HK with registered post in ~10 days in the past month, it shouldn't be much longer for anything really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Very easily done. Contact your card company and advise them of what happened, they will be able to cancel your payment.
    They normally have a lost cards phone number operating 24/7. They can cancel the card for you. Happened me before as well and I have an IT background!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Very easily done. Contact your card company and advise them of what happened, they will be able to cancel your payment.
    They normally have a lost cards phone number operating 24/7. They can cancel the card for you. Happened me before as well and I have an IT background!

Organise a charge back but you do not need the hassle of cancelling your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Peter mx5

Thanks for your kind advice I have contacted card company cancelled card as not keen on some dodgy outfit having our details ,hopefully they will help us get the money back.i really should have been more careful.i let the price affect my judgement.when I googled nikon camera three sites came up onedigitals,eu global central and toby deals all Hong Kong based I should have gone to pcworld a lot less hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Organise a charge back but you do not need the hassle of cancelling your card.

Yeah you do. A spurious site could easily resell them 3mo down the road and cause you a world of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kristine1985

Stay away from them they are just <SNIP>they robbed me thought it was cheap deal bought new samsung s8 plus, received phone after 6 weeks . nightmare start from there took the phone out of box doesn't power on tried charging no job went to local phone shop to get it checked they told me its a fake phone . tried to contact them through email , online chat keep asking me stupid question finally told me to send it back to china and once they will receive the phone they will refund me . stupid me i send the phone back thought will get money back . nearly 3 months now no phone no money and they don't even reply me .

if anyone has got the money back from credit card company please advice me what should i do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stay away from them they are just <SNIP>, they robbed me thought it was cheap deal bought new samsung s8 plus, received phone after 6 weeks . nightmare start from there took the phone out of box doesn't power on tried charging no job went to local phone shop to get it checked they told me its a fake phone . tried to contact them through email , online chat keep asking me stupid question finally told me to send it back to china and once they will receive the phone they will refund me . stupid me i send the phone back thought will get money back . nearly 3 months now no phone no money and they don't even reply me .

if anyone has got the money back from credit card company please advice me what should i do .

Contact your credit card provider and ask about a chargeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Contact your credit card company, tell them you were sent false goods which you have returned, and request a chargeback. And do it urgently. I think the limit is 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Councilman Les Wynan

Guys, I was stupid enough to snatch up a Canon camera from these guys in January. Similarly to a lot of other stories you can read on Trustpilot, I eventually received an email to say they hadn't the camera in stock, and they offered a refund. I accepted.

This was Feb 8th. They eventually cancelled the order on March 5th, but over 4 weeks later I've not received my money back, and I'm starting to think I'll never see it.

Two questions:

1. What can I do from here? I paid by Visa Debit (BOI) originally.
    2. How can a company keep getting away with this sort of thing?

• Advertisement
Advertisement