Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earwigs in the garden pots

Options
  • 18-06-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Are they plant eaters - I know they are good for aphids I have an ivy hedge on two of three sides but not my own so I cant get rid of that possible source and trees overhead. Id hoped the pidgeons and doves in the trees would reduce/ act as predators on them. The garden is very sunny and pots (over?)watered everyday. When I say garden I mean pots for flowers, plants and shrubs.
    It gets shaded almost completely in afternoon. So wet and afternoons dark and shaded.
    Any tips - homegrown/green if possible.
    I'm thinking of small traps sunk to soil level containing ? in each pot. I read on some site to coat stems with petroleum jelly to stop them climbing; but that seems impractical.
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement