Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notify new insurer of accident?

Options
  • 18-06-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

To cut a very complex and long story short, i had an accident (just myself, no one else involved) and my car was damaged, 4.5k's worth. I was initially planning on footing the bill myself but considering the cost, i have had to go through insurance.

The accident date & time took place while i was still insured by my, now-old, policy. Coincidentally i had switched to another insurer the week before, for renewal.

I had already paid the premium and received the new insurance certificate, but the new policy was not active yet, i was still insured by the previous company.

I am (obviously) making the claim against the previous policy.

When switching and paying the new company for the premium, i was asked "have you made a claim etc etc" which i answered no and which was true at the time.

My question is, do i now need to inform said new insurance company that i have since had an accident and that i have claimed against the insurance for it?

I'm assuming i do..

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes you do, and it could be sore financially and complicated also. You would have had an open claim.

Advertisement