Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money Transfer

Options
  • 18-06-2017 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, my relative from non-eu country had transferred me 6500euro to my third level student bank account this week. When I have been noticed that those 6500 was sent to my account. I found that I only have received 6480euro and there was 12.5euro deducted by the sender. However, I would like to know how much is the service charge collected by the BOI and who deducted me 20euro. 

Regards
    Nevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon nevin97, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

When receiving funds over €1500 (Euro) from outside the EU a fee of €12.50 will apply from Bank of Ireland.  This is the only fee we would apply however, the sending bank may also have applied a transfer fee. If you contact the sender they can check with their bank to confirm this for you. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement