Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do schools pay for away rotation during clinical placements?

Options
  • 18-06-2017 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Basically as the title says, do any of the schools find and pay for accommodation during mandatory away clinical rotations?
    I read that in previous years that some of the schools do, but I'm unsure if this is still the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

no they do not pay for your rotations

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Pierre_Robin

UCD paid for my hotel in Wexford and B&B's in a few different places. Maybe other universities are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭northernpower

RCSI cover your accommodation once you're outside Dublin (and further than Bray I think) - there's also an allowance if you're driving from Dublin to one of the nearer hospitals (I got it going to Drogheda, a friend got it while living at home and travelling to waterford) of up to €100 per week I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Does Limerick offer anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cloudmed

Most of them will pay for required regional rotations. They will either give you B&B/Hotel room or expenses for driving, etc. However, you will not be financed for rotations you choose to do outside of the requirements, such as placements abroad and/or summer work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭inca2

I'm pretty sure UL don't - but I've just finished 1st year so haven't got any concrete information yet. I'm just going on what I've heard from those who've finished 2nd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MagicMikeee

inca2 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure UL don't - but I've just finished 1st year so haven't got any concrete information yet. I'm just going on what I've heard from those who've finished 2nd year.

Nope, none of the Universities will pay. Rotations are a part of your learning. Some Universities offer stipends for accommodation others don't. You only get a salary once you are a qualified and begin the intern year.

Advertisement