Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to collect a JB payment one day early?

• 18-06-2017 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I will be out of the country for 3 days next week unexpectedly due to a bereavement. I went to fill in the UP30 form but I am under the minimum 10 days notice requirement.
    My collection day is usually Tuesday but I am leaving on Tuesday very early AM, Is it possible to collect on Monday or would it not be there yet?

I have recently collected on the Wednesday so I had hoped maybe a day early is also possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Hi OP, firstly sorry for your loss. Yes I believe it is possible. My official day used to be a Tuesday but I used to collect on a Monday. Also, the week I went back to work, I was due my final payment. I rang the social welfare to ask how would I collect it as I was working 9-6 every day. After 15mins trying to get through I hung up and rang the post office. She said my money would be available until the Saturday. My point, go to the post office in the morning, try to collect and if its not there, explain your case to them . Im sure they will accommodate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No you can't.
    It's not up to the Post office. They have no discretion as to when the payment can be collected. If it's there they will give it to you, if it's not then they can't.

Nothing to stop you going a day early on the off chance that it might be in earlier than you thought it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭sandra06

try monday afternoon its normally there ,i know a few people that collect it the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It should be there. I'm normal paid on the Tuesday also but collect it Monday afternoon and never had a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

cian180 wrote: »
    I will be out of the country for 3 days next week unexpectedly due to a bereavement. I went to fill in the UP30 form but I am under the minimum 10 days notice requirement.
    My collection day is usually Tuesday but I am leaving on Tuesday very early AM, Is it possible to collect on Monday or would it not be there yet?

I have recently collected on the Wednesday so I had hoped maybe a day early is also possible.

Thanks

yeah you can get it the day before no bother I was doing that for ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cian180

Hey all, thanks for the replies. I went in on the Monday afternoon around 3pm and the payment had arrived.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

cian180 wrote: »
    Hey all, thanks for the replies. I went in on the Monday afternoon around 3pm and the payment had arrived.

Thanks for the advice.

Glad you got sorted

Advertisement