Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torturing speed vans

• 18-06-2017 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭

So since most motorbikes can't be caught what would they do if you keep passing them exceeding the limit then doing a u turn and passing them again for like 5 times. Thinking of doing this as a protest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Synthol wrote: »
    So since most motorbikes can't be caught what would they do if you keep passing them exceeding the limit then doing a u turn and passing them again for like 5 times. Thinking of doing this as a protest.

Protest to what?

Your man inside will still get paid the same.

And you'll need to refuel and purchase new tyres a little bit earlier than you planned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Why stop at 5 times? Surely for an effective protest you need to do a bit more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭Synthol

I just want the driver inside to suffer thinking he can't do me for speeding. Oh the feeling would be glorious. Bet he would be raging in his van spitting and swearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why can't bikes be caught?

They would just call a squad car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I just want the driver inside to suffer thinking he can't do me for speeding. Oh the feeling would be glorious. Bet he would be raging in his van spitting and swearing.

He probably wouldn't give two f*cks

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »

Why can't bikes be caught?

They would just call a squad car.

In some cases the number plate is hard to read and the speed is taken from the front, so how will they read the number plate if it's on the back of the bike.

eeguy wrote: »

He probably wouldn't give two f*cks

Don't think so, it takes a special kind of creature to do this as a job. I bet the employees are working there because they feel like heroes and it boosts their egos. Plenty of other jobs around and they specifically chose that.

Don't think so, it takes a special kind of creature to do this as a job. I bet the employees are working there because they feel like heroes and it boosts their egos. Plenty of other jobs around and they specifically chose that.

You are a credit to your biking community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'd say the operator in the van wouldn't give a rats arse, and thinking (at best) 'look at this fooking gobshite again'.

Best of luck, have fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

So you'll be paying more to be there doing that via Time, fuel etc whilst he will be paid there to sit in a van laughing at you. The operator won't give a flying **** if you drive past him 100 times, he's paid the same. You'd be far more effective if you stopped a good bit before him and warned oncoming drivers by flashing or something. Then it could affect his revenue intake etc but I don't think even that affects the operator.

It's a lovely day, you'd be best enjoying a drive and taking care of yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It takes a special sort of creature who'd go out of his way to make someone else's life difficult. I bet that guy has insecurities and likes to believe he's better than other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I suggest that you find out how the go safe system works.

Person in van will be laughing at your juvenility.

Btw - person in van simply sets it up and monitors that the equipment is working. That's it. Nothing more. They don't click anything, or target anything. They sit and watch and monitor. The equipment does all the work.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/keeping-a-lookout-with-a-speed-camera-operator-1.2663418%3fmode=amp

I'd imagine the chap in the van is probably halfway through binge-watching a TV series and would be completely oblivious to your nonsense outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Or maybe they are working there to earn a wage so that they can pay a mortgage, feed and educate their kids just like most of us. You rate yourself waaaaay to high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Most catch up on some zzzz's and sleep away or as above would be watching a film.

Probably has to be one of the easiest jobs out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Or maybe they're doing it to pay the bills, feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads.....just a random thought!!!!;)
    Edit:
    Should have read the complete thread to see another person with a random thought !

Cork Lass wrote: »

Or maybe they are working there to earn a wage so that they can pay a mortgage, feed and educate their kids just like most of us. You rate yourself waaaaay to high.

So if a contract killer kills people to pay of a mortgage then it means that it is ok?

Or maybe they're doing it to pay the bills, feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads.....just a random thought!!!!;)
    Edit:
    Should have read the complete thread to see another person with a random thought !

So if a contract killer kills people to pay of a mortgage then it means that it is ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I think someone has sunstroke!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

OP you sound special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

You sound bitter? Where were you caught? The couple of times I've been caught I was frustrated but I accepted that I really only had myself to blame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,030 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

In some cases the number plate is hard to read and the speed is taken from the front, so how will they read the number plate if it's on the back of the bike.

They have cameras at the front and back so they can get you after you pass. The fact that you go by multiple times will make it easier to identify you even if your reg is hard to read, any customisation and your gear will make you identifiable. And it's the Gardaí who review the images not the bored person in the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

They have cameras at the front and back so they can get you after you pass. The fact that you go by multiple times will make it easier to identify you even if your reg is hard to read, any customisation and your gear will make you identifiable. And it's the Gardaí who review the images not the bored person in the van.

SHH let him do it and get 12 points (points for each time)

I passed the van multiple times going over 200 km/h so your post is instantly invalid.

You sound bitter? Where were you caught? The couple of times I've been caught I was frustrated but I accepted that I really only had myself to blame.

You can't be caught, tested many times.

Wait until they finish and drive away and then when they least expect it..

Punishment overtake them.

Get a bloody grip.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Wait until they finish and drive away and then when they least expect it..

Punishment overtake them.

Ohhhh yeeeeah.

That'll teach 'em.

I would never miss an opportunity to do that :) I have strong feelings about the vans and the employees so I will be making them regret their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Yawns wrote: »
    I think someone has sunstroke!

I think he just had a stroke...never mind the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I would never miss an opportunity to do that :) I have strong feelings about the vans and the employees so I will be making them regret their choice.

Yes, you go out and waste your Sunday. That'll teach 'em!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement