Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lattis lock

Options
  • 18-06-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just wondering did anyone buy a Lattis lock ( formally skylock) and was it worth it ? Half thinking of getting one ..heavy price tag though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There has been no crowdfunded/gimmick lock that impressed me, pretty sure there was a thread about this one saying the downsides. My guess is the money went into the electronic technology so you cannot expect a decent lock material/metal wise with the remaining price.

If one of the big brands did one I would be interested, or if there was one that fit one of the big brands, e.g. if it was a remote thing that snapped perfectly onto a kryptonite NY lock.

IIRC I think this one was just going to send you a text basically saying your bike has been nicked -i.e. it was a poor lock so by the time you get there expect it to be gone. Maybe use in combo with a good lock though. I would not mind mine having an alarm. As I am so wary I like to have it locked withing earshot of an angle grinder.

Advertisement