Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IELTS Advice

Options
  • 18-06-2017 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I am looking at visas for a permanent move to Australia. The visa I want to apply for requires me to have another 10 points. I will need to get those 10 points by scoring an 8 or better in all 4 categories (reading, writing, listening and speaking) of the IELTS exam.

So I am wondering what level is an "8"?

I am an average (native Irish) english speaker, wasn't my best subject in school but know the basics.
    The test costs 200 a go so I don't want to fail by just being unprepared or some small exam technique I don't know means I fail.
    Also, level "8" may be an advanced level.

So, should I get lessons for this or do a course or is an 8 something an average Irish person should be able to achieve?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers.

Advertisement