Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Heritage magazine/Online city cemeteries

Options
  • 18-06-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

Reading about a forthcoming Galway Heritage meeting I came across a magazine of the same name. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this and previous issues as well? I think copies can be 'consulted' at the City Council. Anyone know if they are for sale or are they only for members of Galway Heritage? (Who exactly is Galway Heritage?) It looks a fantastic magazine. I am surprised it is not made more available to the general public. Anyone know who funds it.

The Council is currently transcribing headstones on all city cemeteries and has about three or four cemeteries already on line. Again a fantastic thing and about time too. So many headstones are indecipherable and it will be a fantastic resource. But does anyone know where on line it is exactly? I can't seem to access anything through the council website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

bobbyss wrote: »
    Reading about a forthcoming Galway Heritage meeting I came across a magazine of the same name. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this and previous issues as well? I think copies can be 'consulted' at the City Council. Anyone know if they are for sale or are they only for members of Galway Heritage? (Who exactly is Galway Heritage?) It looks a fantastic magazine. I am surprised it is not made more available to the general public. Anyone know who funds it.

The Council is currently transcribing headstones on all city cemeteries and has about three or four cemeteries already on line. Again a fantastic thing and about time too. So many headstones are indecipherable and it will be a fantastic resource. But does anyone know where on line it is exactly? I can't seem to access anything through the council website.

http://www.galwaycity.ie/heritage-magazines/

Advertisement