Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017/18 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

I just looked, he's only scored 8 goals in La Liga this season and two of those were against relegation favourites Deportivo La Coru/QUOTE]

But he has scored for fun since the turn of the year, your logic is flawed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

irishman86 wrote: »
    I just looked, he's only scored 8 goals in La Liga this season and two of those were against relegation favourites Deportivo La Coru/QUOTE]

But he has scored for fun since the turn of the year, your logic is flawed

A season is longer than just the months after Christmas. Whilst he wasn't scoring for fun before Christmas and in general Madrid were lethargic, Barca romped to the title all before the new year.

A season is longer than just the months after Christmas. Whilst he wasn't scoring for fun before Christmas and in general Madrid were lethargic, Barca romped to the title all before the new year.

But a season is also longer than before christmas
    Real were lethargic, hardly all that blame can be laid on Ronaldos door. Benzema has been horrible this season
    As for Barca romping to the title, im not sure Atletico agree
    Ronaldos talk of demise has for years been talked about and yet he continues to win the best player in the world award
    Its like some posters are going to say it every year till he retires just so they can say i told you so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There was a Ron stat about a month ago that of the last 94 shots he had, he had scored 4 goals

Bad but probably marginally higher than his free kick success rate.

EDIT: I must add, I am a Ronnie fan but I know when a player is on the wane. And he is.

NIMAN wrote: »
    There was a Ron stat about a month ago that of the last 94 shots he had, he had scored 4 goals

Bad but probably marginally higher than his free kick success rate.

EDIT: I must add, I am a Ronnie fan but I know when a player is on the wane. And he is.

I feel hes changing as a player but will continue to be effective
    But i agree on his free kicks, he shouldnt be let near them

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

There was a time when there was lots of comparisons between Rooney and Ronaldo. Rooney is 32 and Ronaldo is 33 and the former has been in decline last couple of seasons at Man U never mind his Everton career.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Should be a cracking game tonight. Barca are always good, but i think Chelsea will keep it pretty close.

1-1 i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I never knew that scoring against poor opposition was the second biggest sign a player is in decline, only behind scoring against high end opposition.

They were right, every day really is a school day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Pity they put Bayern and Barca on the same night, tomorrow is a bit thin on quality, they should have split them over the two nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭beya2009

Kiith wrote: »
    Should be a cracking game tonight. Barca are always good, but i think Chelsea will keep it pretty close.

1-1 i'd say.

Yeah I agree. Key will be return leg at the nou camp. The roma hammering should be a reminder of how solid they will need to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont see anything other than Barca romping home, might not happen tonight but over two legs, I expect them to win by 2 or more goals.

Messi will break his Chelsea duck too.

It wont be the end of the world really, if we do lose, hopefully Barca can stop real winning a 3rd on the trot.

Have a side ever gone through a domestic campaign and champions league without losing a game? Would be some feat if Barca pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Pity they put Bayern and Barca on the same night, tomorrow is a bit thin on quality, they should have split them over the two nights.

Subtle

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Subtle

There's no strong contender on tomorrow night, I don't think that's exactly controversial. And Roma play the least entertaining football of the bigger Italian sides, ditto United in England so neither game are delivering on top quality or entertainment like others have over the last 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Have a side ever gone through a domestic campaign and champions league without losing a game? Would be some feat if Barca pull it off.

Don't think so. Bayern lost 1 league game and 2 CL games when they won the treble 5 years ago.

Don't think so. Bayern lost 1 league game and 2 CL games when they won the treble 5 years ago.

Yeah they're 1 game away from setting the la liga record for longest unbeaten, no team has ever done a full season without losing there.

I would have guessed Milan but Barca won it at Wembley that year.

So I dont think anyone has TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eden to put on a one man show and beat Barca by himself.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont see anything other than Barca romping home, might not happen tonight but over two legs, I expect them to win by 2 or more goals.

Messi will break his Chelsea duck too.

It wont be the end of the world really, if we do lose, hopefully Barca can stop real winning a 3rd on the trot.

Chelsea will do them tonight. Barca havent killed a team in the last month. They looked lethargic recently
    Although maybe that was cause they had there mind on killing Chelsea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Hope Chelsea can pull off the upset over the two legs.

Chelsea will do them tonight. Barca havent killed a team in the last month. They looked lethargic recently
    Although maybe that was cause they had there mind on killing Chelsea :pac:

Theyve had a day less rest and a tough game at the weekend while we largely rested the main payers for the FA cup.

It mightnt have a bearing on the game but in the last 20 mins, it might give us a small advantage, assuming we're not 2 or 3 down by that stage.

I'm dreading tonight, working for the entire first half and likely to miss the 2nd half too so its the internet updates for me, easier on the heart at laeast. :o

I hope Chelsea turn up and make a game of it, that much is in doubt based on this season's shaky form.

2-1 Barca for me on the balance of things, think Paulinhos late runs will cause them trouble with defensive focus mainly on Messi and Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Fromvert wrote: »
    Hope Chelsea can pull off the upset over the two legs.

Really I hope Barca batter the bollox out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking forward to this. Should be a cracker. Fascinated to see the contest between Umtiti and Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

niallo27 wrote: »

Wouldn't it suit Liverpool better if Chelsea qualified so they have more fixtures in the challenge for top 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Only see it as a win if Chelsea can get through as a Liverpool fan. More games for them and one of the favourites knocked out, they would obviously get a nice confidence boost but I'd prefer them having big midweek games potentially taking their eyes off a league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Definitely the toughest draw out of the PL clubs , fancy a Chelsea win tonight if Giroud or Morata were playing.

Wouldn't it suit Liverpool better if Chelsea qualified so they have more fixtures in the challenge for top 4?

Possibly possibly I think Chelsea will struggle in the league more games or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hazard is up for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Does Fabergas think his hair looks cool like that?

• Advertisement

Lovely play from Messi.

Hope Barca win. Would be a good victory in next round if we draw them .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Besiktas down to 10 men after 15 minutes in Munich. This could be rough.

Besiktas down to ten men. Yikes.

And then Wagner Love misses a great chance to put the ten men in front. They might not get a better chance than that to score.

And then Wagner Love misses a great chance to put the ten men in front. They might not get a better chance than that to score.

Some amount of castaways there. Pepe, Vida, Medel, Babel, Negredo, Talisca, Love, Lens, Quaresma & Adriano.
    They are missing the Turkish aces like a Hakan Sukur, Hasan Sas or Nihat type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Agree with that Barcelona win 6_0 over both legs would go down well in neutral land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Barcelona are excellent at faking contact, and this ref is more than happy to buy it.

Messi far to deep, all neat and tidy but won't punish Chelsea playing tiki-taka in the centre circle .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Great effort from Willian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Chris Sutton sounds like a man trying to talk while taking a difficult crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Arghus wrote: »
    Chris Sutton sounds like a man trying to talk while taking a difficult crap.

Can't say I talk a lot to men whist they''re taking a crap, difficult or not.

Messi far to deep, all neat and tidy but won't punish Chelsea playing tiki-taka in the centre circle .

Don't find Messi is playing that way at all. He's looked sharp and dangerous tonight.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Some amount of castaways there. Pepe, Vida, Medel, Babel, Negredo, Talisca, Love, Lens, Quaresma & Adriano.
    They are missing the Turkish aces like a Hakan Sukur, Hasan Sas or Nihat type.

The turkish ace moved to Everton right

Why do people call for cards for every minor foul nowadays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

So unlucky by Willian he deserves a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

3rd time lucky?
    Or is it the bar next?

1-0 Bayern. Scruffy & unconvincing. Rather like their performance.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Barcelona are excellent at faking contact, and this ref is more than happy to buy it.

Chelsea have Hazard though so it's quiet equal. Chelsea better team in the final third so far.

That's a hefty blow for Besiktas just before half-time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Big whoop! He's hit the outside of both posts. They're not shots on target and would have been undeserved.

Advertisement