Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017/18 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Like Ray says, "Bayern are the masters of their own downfall".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Keeper should've hung back on his line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,057 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Bayern have only themselves to blame really. Awful finishing throughout. Tie probably done.

Wouldn't say it's done, Madrid were 3 up away to Juve and nearly blew it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Keeper should've hung back on his line.

And make the goal as big a target as possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sure Bayern are the only team left to win their league this season, shouldn't they be the best?

In the grand scheme of things they're almost shooting themselves in the foot by poaching all their competitors best players. There's just no contest for them... same as PSG... how can you expect to be able to step up several levels when suddenly faced with quality many times better than 99% of your games.

A strong German league would make for a stronger Bayern, like under Klopp's time at Dortmund.

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Wouldn't say it's done, Madrid were 3 up away to Juve and nearly blew it
    I don't see them slipping again tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,313 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Talk about undeserved. Real have a horseshoe up their backsides in this competition. Can never back against them.

They are hard to beat ,and seem to get alot of the breaks.

Barcelona and Liverpool were the two teams that I fancied to knock them out but Liverpools lack of experience could be a big factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

And make the goal as big a target as possible?

On this occasion, yes. The angle was narrowing and Rafinha was closing him down. He'd have had to put a bit more on it to beat him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ribery's really good at giving the ball back to Navas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Navas still getting in the way of shots:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Real Madrid playing in their away strip is marketing gone mad, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Barcelona and Liverpool were the two teams that I fancied to knock them out but Liverpools lack of experience could be a big factor.

That & Madrid having a bench to call upon. Liverpool would be doing more damage than Real against this slow Bayern setup. Pity they won't come back :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Real Madrid - ugh

No penalty?

Real Madrid - ugh

If Bayern had Salah instead of Ribery ,the tie would be almost over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure how Bayern haven't scored a couple more here. Been about half a dozen pinball moments right in front of the Madrid goal.

No penalty?

Nah nothing on the replay actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

They are hard to beat ,and seem to get alot of the breaks.

Real are looking very solid tonight. Said it before on the thread, wouldn't surprise me if they get to the final, in a less than impressive fashion and turn out their five star performance for the season to win it.

I wanted Liverpool to draw Real in the semi's, because I honestly believe they'd destroy them over 2 legs. I also dislike Real for a host of reasons, and on a one-off final, anything could happen, that is if Liverpool and Real make it. Nerves and lack of experience on such a big stage could get the better of the Liverpool players.

• Advertisement

Bit of a warning for Bayern there, definitely handball all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Goal rightfully shouldn't stand but that was a super finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Should that not be a yellow card for the hand ball

Berserker wrote: »
    Real are looking very solid tonight.

Don't think they've looked solid at all. Very lucky to have only conceded one to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

sligeach wrote: »
    I wanted Liverpool to draw Real in the semi's, because I honestly believe they'd destroy them over 2 legs.

Destroy is such a strong word...

Ronaldo is such a liar. He clearly handballed it, yet protested his innocence. And he wonders why people dislike him.

Anyone for a 1-3 Real win tonight?
    I wanted Liverpool to draw Real in the semi's, because I honestly believe they'd destroy them over 2 legs. I also dislike Real for a host of reasons, and on a one-off final, anything could happen, that is if Liverpool and Real make it. Nerves and lack of experience on such a big stage could get the better of the Liverpool players.

What makes you think that Liverpool would destroy them over two legs? Are you watching the game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ronaldo is such a liar. He clearly handballed it, yet protested his innocence. And he wonders why people dislike him.

In fairness there's likely 21 others on the pitch who'd do the same

The level of hate towards Ronaldo is hilarious. Just don't get it. Every other pro in the game would have claimed innocence there. Well those that are capable of getting into that position, controlling the ball and scoring.

• Advertisement

Berserker wrote: »
    Real are looking very solid tonight. Said it before on the thread, wouldn't surprise me if they get to the final, in a less than impressive fashion and turn out their five star performance for the season to win it.

I dont think they have been that solid,they have given up a good few chances and if Bayern had more clinical finishing ,Real would be punished.

Real have basically had 2 shots in the match and were gifted a goal.

Bayern have looked beaten after Madrid equalised. Don't think they have the belief to get back into game. Fancy Madrid for one more before the end.

Until that protest I forgot Thiago came on he's been that ineffective. So easy to get at the defence. Keeping it at 1 might bee the onlu thing to make it mildly interesting.
    Berserker wrote:
    The level of hate towards Ronaldo is hilarious.

Only one person mentioned him.....

This Bayern team is desperately slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Bayern are brutal slow....
    Hummels has had a mare

Navas looks like a baddie in a Steven Segal movie, the boss of a drugs cartel who you know will get shot dead in the docklands not long after holding a woman hostage by pointing a gun at her head and ordering Segal to put the gun down.

• Advertisement

Firm believer in teams needing to keep new faces, young players coming in.

Munich have had a lot of same old faces for many seasons now.

Really hope Bayern somehow get to the final. Liverpool will cut a swath through them.

That stuff baffles me. Not just Ronaldo because loads of players do this sort of thing, but he knows full well he handled it. He knows all cameras are on him, it's not like he's fooling anybody or changing the official's mind. Fair enough he's annoyed, i get that. But stop pretending the officials are to blame.

NIMAN wrote: »

Not true really. They've signed new players for most positions in the last three years but they're not battle hardened playing in a league with no competition for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Robert you absolutely donkey.

• Advertisement

Gotta score that Lewa.

NIMAN wrote:

Have to do that when your on top & many don't see that. Happened Milan & Inter more dramatically where they aged physically overnight. Going into a new season with Robben & Ribery as starters was very naive. Lewandowski failing any audition for Real right there.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Robert you absolutely donkey.

He really needed to put that away.

They tend to just buy the young stars of the Bundesliga, and often stunt their growth by not playing them nearly enough. Seems Goretzka is up next.

So Liverpool would destroy the Madrid team and cut swathes out of the Munich team

monkey9 wrote: »
    Navas looks like a baddie in a Steven Segal movie, the boss of a drugs cartel who you know will get shot dead in the docklands not long after holding a woman hostage by pointing a gun at her head and ordering Segal to put the gun down.

The bad guy in Crocodile Dundee 2

cd6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Felt exactly the opposite to be honest. Felt Liverpool over two legs would get the better of Roma or Bayern, but not Real. Given enough time, Real Madrid just get shit done. Much better chance on a one off tie when - as you said - anything can happen.

That was assault on marcelo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Liverpool would destroy the Madrid team and cut swathes out of the Munich team

Maybe another English team could do the same but we won’t find out anytime soon because we’re the only ones left. :)

monkey9 wrote:
    Navas looks like a baddie in a Steven Segal movie....

Reminds me of the Indian guy in Predator. Billy, was it?

Billy.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement