Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2017/18 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Real Madrid blessed over the two legs to be honest. Gifted 2 goals by Bayern.

And they only gifted one back in return. So selfish, so selfish. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Well.... They blame their keeper specifically!

And their poor play in the final third...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So it’s Real Madrid who win the second place trophy then, to be awarded in Kiev in a few weeks time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Credit to the ref he added on some time.

Great game. Madrid just about deserved it but this could have easily gone the other way and Bayern will leave with plenty of regrets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Liverpools to lose ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the holy feck were Bayern doing wasting their own time???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Never thought I would say this but I hope Liverpool beat the bollix out of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

niallo27 wrote: »
    The constant whining and contesting every single desicion is frustrating to watch you must agree. Forget about Ronaldo.

You mean like every other club in football.

Get over yourself.

Billy86 wrote: »
    That header is going to haunt Hummels for a long, long time I reckon.

But not half as long as Muller!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bayern beat themselves

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The most poxed team in history. Real get away with it once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

****ing epic game, magnificent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Congrats Liverpool.

Great entertainment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Poor last gasp from Bayern but that's what happens with Hummels out on the wing.

Really wanted Bayern to win. Hope Liverpool destroy Real

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Feel sorry for Bayern, those players left everything on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Entertaining game surprised Lewandowski or Ronaldo had little to no impact on the games.
    Bayern have only themselves to blame with big mistakes to concede the second goal in both ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bloody brilliant game and the reason we watch the game, end to end stuff from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They might be crying now, but a good chunk of this Bayern team are probably going to be celebrating in Moscow in two months time.

Not Ulreich though, he’s bloody useless and wouldn’t get near that excellent German squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

NIMAN wrote: »

Get over yourself.

Yeah, there isn't a football team in the world wouldn't have played the last 10 minutes just the same way.

And if there was such a team, their fans would be screaming at them to dive and time-waste and harass the ref just like the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

My heart was pumping throughout those last 15 minutes! What a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Madrid through again. They'll probably scrape a win in the final as well.
    Pretty boring seeing them in the final year after year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Shocking. How did Bayern Munich not win that?

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Liverpools to lose ...
    Bit presumptuous against the team that knocked out three of the probably consensus top 5 teams in Europe over much of this decade (PSG, Juve, Bayern... plus themselves and Barca) en route to the final for what would be the first time any team has won in three times in a row since the format change, or in over 40 years, no?

Should be a fun watch either way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

NIMAN wrote: »

Get over yourself.

Your love in for Ronaldo is clouding your judgement though. If you don't think Madrid are on a different level I really don't know what football your watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Imagine having a team so good that you can be so poor over 2 legs of a CL semi and still advance. Imagine Messi not scoring and Barca going through. Navas Madrid's best player, amazing goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bayern deserved to go through over the two legs.

Madrid will get destroyed by Liverpool if they play that poorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

World class from Ronaldo. Really drove his team to victory when the chips were down. That's how you grab a game by the scruff of the neck

Madrid's luck has to run out at some point surely. Liverpool could decimate their defence

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

vetinari wrote: »
    Madrid through again. They'll probably scrape a win in the final as well.
    Pretty boring seeing them in the final year after year.

No they won't. Liverpool or Roma whichever wins the other tie are a shoo in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Nothing against their time wasting it’s their play acting a feigning injury that gets me
    The constant whining and contesting every single desicion is frustrating to watch you must agree. Forget about Ronaldo.

It is not as if Madrid or Barcelona are the only teams to do this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

What a game,RM poxed for sure,but BM only have themselves to blame,Lewi and Muller completely anonymous over the 2 legs and still should have won easily. Bring on tomorrow

Hang on hang on are people saying that Liverpool will destroy a team that won the CL the last 2 seasons with the 3rd best player in the world up front. Are you ****ing mad.

That's fair enough I think it's just Ramos chasing the ref for a yellow after every single tackle that annoys me.

Your love in for Ronaldo is clouding your judgement though. If you don't think Madrid are on a different level I really don't know what football your watching.

You could say your hate for Ronaldo could be clouding your judgement. and I am certainly no fan of Ronaldo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

One of those ties where Bayern will look back on wondering how they lost it. Gifiting the opposition two of the worst goals you can imagine and missing quite a few of their own chances didn't help them anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Hang on hang on are people saying that Liverpool will destroy a team that won the CL the last 2 seasons with the 3rd best player in the world up front. Are you ****ing mad.

Dont know why you mention Lucas Vasquez and ignore the best player in the world Ronaldo :pac:
    But yes i agree with your view, its funny if Salah beats Ronaldo in the final we may finally have a new Balon D'or winner :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tbf they are the worst along with the Spainish national team for feigning contact & surrounding refs.
    Bayern, any English team, Juve or PSG tend not to reciprocate to them in kind when they face them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Said this before the first leg: if I were a Liverpool fan I'd prefer to play Madrid than Bayern. Zidane, much like Guardiola, will stick to his attacking ethos and that principled mentality will suit Klopp's style; Heynckes is pragmatic and would have done whatever he felt was needed to get the job done. He's also beaten Klopp in a Champions League final before.

I suspect Klopp privately is pleased with this outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Barca are worse.
    I'm no fanboy of Ronaldo, he's been awful last few weeks, gone back to his pre Xmas form.

• Advertisement

That's fair enough I think it's just Ramos chasing the ref for a yellow after every single tackle that annoys me.

Again that is widespread in the game. Fergusons United would do the same

You could say your hate for Ronaldo could be clouding your judgement. and I am certainly no fan of Ronaldo

I don't hate him all, he is one of the best footballers to have ever played the game.

I'm not that big a fan of Benzema personally, but I'd agree it's madness!

If I were a Liverpool fan though I'd be keeping an eye out for an early bet tomorrow night though. I reckon there's a good chance Liverpool start lower odds than they should be because of Madrid's last few seasons in Europe and some of their big name stars, but also reckon that will be rectified quickly enough by Liverpool fans throwing bets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Juve are one of the most negative teams when they're ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Ribery, Muller and Lewandowski all really quiet tonight.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf they are the worst along with the Spainish national team for feigning contact & surrounding refs.
    Bayern, any English team, Juve or PSG tend not to reciprocate to them in kind when they face them.

Ashley Young

• Advertisement

Ashley Young
    "Honest English lad he is, just a cheeky chappy seeing if the ref can give him what he otherwise wouldn't. That's the game these days, you know!"
    - When an Englishman* does it.

*Also extends to Scots, Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish, Americans and Australians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Ramos is the worst for going up and shouting at refs, he's like John Terry x10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Esse85 wrote: »

Ribery was very industrious I thought. Just didn't get the head up at key moments to deliver a pass to the on runner, as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Roma will fancy themselves to destroy that Madrid team, they're not a patch on Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Esse85 wrote: »

I thought Ribery was decent. Himself and Alaba tortured Vasquez

• Advertisement
Advertisement