Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help deciding on first bike (tall rider)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭MLC_biker

http://www.adverts.ie/11880520 an option for a short time while you get through the test ?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

MLC_biker wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/11880520 an option for a short time while you get through the test ?

I was speaking with this chap briefly earlier today just to see if it's still available. I'm going to make my way out to JP Motorcycles and have a browse next week when I got some time off. They have a few V-Stroms in stock so the plan is to try and haggle them down to closer the €2500 mark and see how I get on. Failing that I'll give that chap a call and arrange to have a look over the bike with a mechanic. The high mileage is slightly off putting but begged can't be choosers!

Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Got spend a couple of hours last night driving a 2001 Dullville around Cork.

It really is a dull bike, but it was incredibly smooth to drive and very relaxing too. Not much too look at for sure, but for typically commuting you can't really go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I was in the same boat budget wise and I ended up buying my SV650 for €1700

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

I have a 03 SV650S that I'll be selling in the next week or so if you have any interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

I end up buying an 03 Transalp. I had my uncle have a good look over it before buying. He's happy it's a good bike for the money. I love it looks wise and it feels great to sit on size wise. Now, I just gotta learn to ride it and I'm away!

Thanks for all the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Good to see the opinions on the Deauville. I've just bought one three weeks ago. I'm home in Ireland for a few months and need cheap reliable transportation. It's perfect for that.

Aside from that, I don't think it's that dull. It goes a bit when you want it to and you can throw it into corners too, I've not quite scratched the panniers yet but we'll get there. It's growing on me very quickly. As a first bike I think it'd be a good buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I end up buying an 03 Transalp.

Well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Congrats! Enjoy and stay safe.

Advertisement