Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate opening verrrrrrrry slowly

Options
  • 18-06-2017 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello,

Our electric gate is opening very slowly.

There's a noise from the control box that sounds (in my amateur opinion) like a relay switch opening and closing very quickly, more than once per second.

Might it need resetting or reprogramming or might some component need replacing?

I have some photos of the control board if I can figure out how to attach them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

nikita wrote: »
    Hello,

Our electric gate is opening very slowly.

There's a noise from the control box that sounds (in my amateur opinion) like a relay switch opening and closing very quickly, more than once per second.

Might it need resetting or reprogramming or might some component need replacing?

I have some photos of the control board if I can figure out how to attach them

When did it start happening? Was there a power cut and what make and model of control equipment have you got?
    You might not be allowed to attach pictures as I see you have a very low post count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nikita

i've uploaded a photo of the circuit board and the box:

https://flic.kr/p/USuy5c
    https://flic.kr/p/VRgKTA

There had been heavy rain and a power outage but both of them had been a few days before

• Registered Users Posts: 33,981 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jesus my eyes.

That box of wires how in the jaysus does someone service that. Quality craftsmanship there on install.

Also you have substantial water ingress on the capacitor right in the center of the board and also it's surrounding resistors.

I would disconnect power first to the board and try cleaning that area with board cleaner like a contact cleaner alcohol spray and a stiff painters brush.

You need to clean off that corrosion it can cause connections across circuits in the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

OP go back to th drawing board there and get a professional in to start again, that set up is going to cost you a fortune in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nikita

listermint wrote: »
    Jesus my eyes.

That box of wires how in the jaysus does someone service that. Quality craftsmanship there on install.

I had the same thought when I first saw it. I dissociate myself entirely from that job, it was like that when I moved in! The mess of wires at the bottom is for entry pads.

I hadn't noticed that corrosion, thanks.

If it's irredeemable it will have to join a queue and wait for more important jobs to be done first. I'll try clean it off on the slim chance that's all it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement