Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Smell around Docklands

Options
  • 19-06-2017 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

Anybody else living in the Docklands area and noticed the horrendous smell of horses**t over the past couple of days? I presume it's weather related but then again lots of construction is going on , and there is work being done on the North Lotts sewage pumping station on Sheriff st upper so was wondering could it be related to that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,168 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I think end of last week I was getting a strong smell of something 'agricultural' around East Wall but not right now.

I think the Poolbeg incinerator is offline right now so unlikely to be the culprit.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

I noticed the smell in the city, around dame st etc. It's from horse ****. I always see kids around 13 or 14 riding thehorse carriage, is there no law against that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's not horse **** from the carriages.

I drove around by the docks on Saturday, over the east link and to the port tunnel, it was really bad around Ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aluminium

Its mary hyland from number 56.

The hot weather brings out her natural odors,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭goochy

I thought the Dubs might have a wash in the sea with nice weather - obviously not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭aluminium

goochy wrote: »
    I thought the Dubs might have a wash in the sea with nice weather - obviously not

Mary is from Galway,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

It's the Ringsend cowboys, Jem.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 82,628 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's the sheite plant in Ringsend that causes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Yeah someone on work was saying the stink at grand canal yesterday was in real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Water treatment plant. It always stinks in summer, especially after a few dry days. Contact you local councillor to complain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement