Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB/frame repair ?

Options
  • 19-06-2017 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I have a carbon MTB frame with an alu BB which has come loose in the frame - I'd like to attempt a repair before I junk it so can anyone recommend a shop that would be willing to try a fix ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

A bike shop is not the place to look for such a fix - an engineering shop might be able to help, if the loose part doesn't have too much play, and if there is enough contact area between the parts to give a good load-spread for an epoxy-type adhesive.

If the BB is properly loose, or if only the edges of the parts touch, then it's junking time...

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

Sorry to hear this. I had very same issue on 2 carbon frames. After calling few shops they were shrugging shoulders... Managed to repair one myself, but the other one had be binned...

Have a pic by any chance? Is it an aluminum insert that BB goes into or BB goes right into carbon?

Advertisement