Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card number

Options
  • 19-06-2017 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I was issued a new credit card recently to my parents house (i now live in Australia) after my last one expired. I asked them to bin it and I'd cancel the card.
    It slipped my mind, but i now owe $46 on my account that i can't pay as i don't know the card number. 365online only lets me select my old card to transfer to.
    If i cancel the card will the money owed be debited directly from my current account? That would mean canceling a card when i don't have the card number though.
    Or will i need to get a new card, pay the balance on that, and then cancel that card?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon derfderf, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can still make payments via 365 Online to the old card number listed as a Bill Payee. The card number and the account number are one in the same and it would not have changed upon renewal of your old card. 

In order to close the account, the balance would need to be cleared in full. Once it's up to date, you'll need to call our team on +353567757303. Alternatively, you can send a signed letter to your Bank of Ireland branch. For our branch address information please see here

Just to mention, if the address on your credit card is currently in the Republic of Ireland, upon closure the Government Stamp duty of €30 for the current tax year will apply. You can choose to pay this prior to closure or shortly afterwards. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

That's perfect, thanks Elaine. I've paid the balance and left €30 for this year's tax on the card.
    If i call to cancel it will i need the card number, or will my account details be enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

derfderf wrote: »
    That's perfect, thanks Elaine. I've paid the balance and left €30 for this year's tax on the card.
    If i call to cancel it will i need the card number, or will my account details be enough?
    Hi derfderf,

Thanks for your post.

If you click into manage payees through 365 online you should see the credit card and the reference number for the payee would be the credit card number to make it easier for when you call through to our credit card team.  

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement