Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinda-but-not-really self-employed, applying for jobseekers

Options
  • 19-06-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey guys, I'm just back from a few months travelling and applying for jobseekers. I did some random freelance work (online while away) from someone I met who needed something done that I could help with. Only thing is it was a random first-time once-off, I'm not registered as self-employed or anything. Freelance work may be something I would consider but still looking for a job in the meantime. So I'm applying for jobseekers while I look. They need a bank statement and on the statement is payment from that person clearly showing that it was for paid work.

Basically, am I going to get in **** for this? Having something on my statement that I haven't technically registered for (as self-employed)? It's only a small amount, just a few hundred, but I'm worried now that it looks bad. I can certainly go and register as SE if I need to (it was this year so still plenty of time to declare for tax return or whatever), but not sure how all this will affect a jobseekers application.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,248 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You will be fine, the check on your bank account is primarily to assess means and that won't kick in unless the balance is over €20k. They won't care about tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anoneemuss

That's a relief, thanks!

Advertisement