Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new connection

Options
  • 19-06-2017 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm applying for planning permission for a new house and was wondering about a new connection. The proposed house will be 650m from the public road and the nearest phone line. What options do I have on bringing a line into my new house, i.e can it be overground or underground and approximately how much will it cost?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

clonagh wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm applying for planning permission for a new house and was wondering about a new connection. The proposed house will be 650m from the public road and the nearest phone line. What options do I have on bringing a line into my new house, i.e can it be overground or underground and approximately how much will it cost?

Thank you.
    Hi clonagh,

Thanks for getting in touch. We would be unable to place an order to have your line installed until your new house has been built. Once this happens, the standard process would be to give our sales team a ring on 1800503303, they will then go through the promotions we have in place at the time. As our promotions change from time to time, I'd be unable to advise you of the price plans that would be available to you as they may be different when you place your order. When you place an order, you will receive an appointment date and we will send out a technician to your home on this date to see what work is required to be carried out in order to have your line installed. If it is a straightforward job, he would be able to get your services installed on the day. However, if there is an excessive amount of work to be carried out, which there can be when installing a new line into a brand new home, he would send back his notes and let us know what work needs to be done to have this installed and we could provide you with a forecast date for when this work is estimated to be completed. The technician would also determine whether an underground line or an overhead line would be required at your home. Our installations are done free of charge. 

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭clonagh

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you.
    Hi clonagh,

Thanks for getting in touch. We would be unable to place an order to have your line installed until your new house has been built. Once this happens, the standard process would be to give our sales team a ring on 1800503303, they will then go through the promotions we have in place at the time. As our promotions change from time to time, I'd be unable to advise you of the price plans that would be available to you as they may be different when you place your order. When you place an order, you will receive an appointment date and we will send out a technician to your home on this date to see what work is required to be carried out in order to have your line installed. If it is a straightforward job, he would be able to get your services installed on the day. However, if there is an excessive amount of work to be carried out, which there can be when installing a new line into a brand new home, he would send back his notes and let us know what work needs to be done to have this installed and we could provide you with a forecast date for when this work is estimated to be completed. The technician would also determine whether an underground line or an overhead line would be required at your home. Our installations are done free of charge. 

Thanks,
    Adam
    Thanks Adam. Is the installation free of charge if you need to bring a cable 650metres from the public road which may require poles etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you.
    Hi clonagh,

Thanks,
    Adam
    Thanks Adam. Is the installation free of charge if you need to bring a cable 650metres from the public road which may require poles etc?
    Yes, this installation would be free of charge. We don't have any installation charges in place so you wouldn't have to worry about this.

Thanks,
    Adam

Advertisement