Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day @ Royal Hospital Kilmainham - 29 June 2017

Options
  • 19-06-2017 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Who's going?
    Is there any seating for this? Or is it all standing?
    Hoping to get a ticket but it is sold out from ticketmaster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Siouxie

It is all standing. You may get a ticket on Toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Aye got one on adverts. Looking forward to it now. Have not seen them before. What can I expect?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

The support act will blow your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Really looking forward to this. First gig in the RHK for me too, never been. Seen Greenday a couple of times now, always put on an AMAZING show. Good mix of new/old stuff too

The support act will blow your mind

great stuff. better check them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

xpletiv wrote: »
    Good mix of new/old stuff too

Sorry to be picky but seems pretty lobsided towards American Idiot which I wasn't a big fan of(so the less I say about their newer material the better). Can understand a good batch off the latest album as that's what's being toured but 7 tracks of AI and none off Insomniac etc is hardly mixing things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

When do ye think the concert will end? I know doors open at 6 but my only way back is at 11pm that night. Do you guys think it be on for that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

When do ye think the concert will end? I know doors open at 6 but my only way back is at 11pm that night. Do you guys think it be on for that long?

Finish up will be at approx half 10 :)

Judging by rest of tour

Rancid 6:45 - 7:30
    Green day 8-10:30

Usually not much diff to that :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Finish up will be at approx half 10 :)

Judging by rest of tour

Rancid 6:45 - 7:30
    Green day 8-10:30

Usually not much diff to that :)

Thanks so much. :) Hopefully be that. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

hope rancid play for longer than that.....and both bands are doing operation ivy covers i believe.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Just got two tickets on Ticketmaster. Must be a few available again.

quaidox wrote: »
    hope rancid play for longer than that.....and both bands are doing operation ivy covers i believe.....

Green day will be about 8 anyway, 2 and quarrer is usually their set..

maybe rancid could get the hour?.. hopefully!

Yup! Green Day's one has been on the set forever, Rancid one could be really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Anyone got an idea of what drinks will be available there, or can we bring our own (cans) no glass?

Anyone got an idea of what drinks will be available there, or can we bring our own (cans) no glass?

No outside alchohol at all, not even water usually.

Heineken usually run these.. with carslberg and maybe orchard thieves.. 6€ a 'pint'

Wine for 6/7 a small bottle
    Spirits usually 7 a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Received this from Ticketmaster the other day:

Entry to the event

Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed in to the Royal Hospital Kilmainham Concerts, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the event. Bags will be searched on entry to the event, to avoid lengthy queues we strongly advise that you do not bring a bag.

There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities. Bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. Any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly.

You will also be searched at the entrance to the event which may include a full body pat down and/or use of hand held metal detectors. Any item(s) which may be reasonably considered for use as a weapon, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated.

Please allow plenty of time to get into the event, and for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.

Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.

•Early queueing will not be facilitated at the venue. Concert goers who do turn up prior to gates opening will be turned away.

•There will be a strict NO Alcohol Policy implemented on all approach routes to the venue.

•Please do not arrive at the event intoxicated as you will not be permitted entry.

•There is no re-admission to these concerts.

•Note that the concert may be recorded for visual and audio broadcast.

PLEASE NOTE TICKETMASTER IS THE TICKETING AGENT FOR THIS EVENT. THE PROMOTER STRONGLY ADVISES YOU DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM UNOFFICIAL SOURCES

Banned items should not be brought into the grounds

•Large bags and backpacks will not be allowed, only small bags measuring no bigger than A4 (8.27in/21cm x 11.7in/29.7cm) will be permitted into the event.

•Fold up chairs (Garden Furniture) or shooting sticks, umbrellas, selfie sticks, flares/fireworks, laser pens, megaphone/air horns, aerosols, spray cans, smoke & gas canisters, nitrous oxide & any associated equipment, glass, drones, Chinese lanterns, sound systems, unofficial tabards/high viz.

•Illegal/unidentifiable substances, “legal highs”, herbal highs or NoS.

•Anything that can be perceived as a weapon or which could cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event.

•Professional cameras with a detachable lens, recording equipment, Go Pro’s.

Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue. NO ALCOHOL OR DRINKS are permitted to be brought into the venue with the exception of water and soft drinks in sealed plastic bottles up to 500ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Heineken usually run these.. with carslberg and maybe orchard thieves.. 6€ a 'pint'
    In all my years going to events I have never once got a plastic pint that I thought was less than a pint. Which I am guessing is why you use quotes. I hear this complaint all the time.

For anybody who gets pissed off over it I would suggest bringing a plastic pint home and confirming it for yourself.

The serving is usually less than a pint though, as they leave a little headroom and the top of plastic pints is a lot of volume per mm relative to glass pints as they are so wide. Cider can be to the brim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Can't believe this has finally come around....seems like about 3 years since I bought the tickets.

Haven't been to a gig in Kilmainham before....I'm assuming it's on a grass surface (?)....any venue tips/advice/do's & don'ts welcome.

Looking forward to it either way...watching Glastonbury all weekend to get me in the mood

The weather in Ireland isn't good this week. Heavy rain to be expected. That has really **** on my buzz.

Thinking about driving up instead of the bus? Is there parking nearby??

Cheers guys!

Would I have to walk far to meet a taxi after the event? I'm staying in Liffey Valley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Binky Bricktop

Shane St. wrote: »
    Thinking about driving up instead of the bus? Is there parking nearby??

Yep there's parking at Smithfield with Parkrite €7 evening rate - bookable online in advance, it's only a short ride on the Luas from there (or a walkable distance if you are up for it!). That's what we're doing anyhoo.

Cheers guys!

Would I have to walk far to meet a taxi after the event? I'm staying in Liffey Valley

Hueston is literally a 10 min walk away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hueston is literally a 10 min walk away :)

No its not

No its not

From RHK? Ya it is?
    From kilmainham Gaol ots 20..

Unless the RHK has moved since last time I was in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭tommythecat

No its not

10 Minute walk from the gates to Heuston, down military road

4kwp South East facing PV System. 5.3kwh Weco battery. South Dublin City.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Green Day are in Dublin already , Billie was spotted in X Music yesterday

Green Day are in Dublin already , Billie was spotted in X Music yesterday

Tre was at Phil Collins last night too!
    Must be staying in Dublin and going to Belfast from there

Last question. Will I be ok to arrive around 7-30 or 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »

Haven't been to a gig in Kilmainham before....I'm assuming it's on a grass surface (?)....any venue tips/advice/do's & don'ts welcome.

Hi guys, just following up on this (more for the missus than myself tbh ;))

Couldn't find anything on the website :(

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just following up on this (more for the missus than myself tbh ;))

Couldn't find anything on the website :(

Yea its on grass.

Advertisement