Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day @ Royal Hospital Kilmainham - 29 June 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

rubadub wrote: »
    They did at a gig I was at there many years ago, not sure about recent years

Nothing there on Saturday for Walking on Cars

I'm not able to make it anymore - if anyone knows anyone looking for tickets let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Looking forward to this now! One of my friends is after pulling out so we have a spare ticket going also

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Few people camped outside the gates this morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Wouldn't be the biggest fan of Green Day bar American Idiot to be honest, but still really looking forward to this. Fingers crossed the weather holds off somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

So excited for tonight! Just wondering, where would be the best place to park? I was thinking Heuston Station carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Think it would be okay to park along the main road in Phoenix park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Curiousmouse

Does anyone know how strict they are with ID? I'm 17going with a friend who's 19. Not planning on drinking or anything. I might judt ask a 25 year old to be my cousin for the night

Could someone let us know how muddy it is when they get in please?
    TIA!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Does anyone know how strict they are with ID? I'm 17going with a friend who's 19. Not planning on drinking or anything. I might judt ask a 25 year old to be my cousin for the night

I'd imagine you'll be fine. Fairly sure they just ID at the bars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FitzElla

Anyone know what the ground is possibly going to be like? Never been to the Royal Hospital before so not sure if it is going to be a mudfest or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

FitzElla wrote: »
    Anyone know what the ground is possibly going to be like? Never been to the Royal Hospital before so not sure if it is going to be a mudfest or not!

It been raining for two days and its outside. I am wearing wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

Saw them in Belfast last night. The most fun gig I've been at in a job time. You're in for a treat tonight. Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does Guinness make you waterproof??

I'll be carrying out an experiment on this theory this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Are Rancid only getting 30 min?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

Are Rancid only getting 30 min?

They got just under an hour last night. Came on just after 6.45. Finished up just before 7.45. Green day were on stage at 8.05 and finished about 10.40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dobman88 wrote: »
    They got just under an hour last night. Came on just after 6.45. Finished up just before 7.45. Green day were on stage at 8.05 and finished about 10.40

Hopefully the case cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Great performance but did anyone think that the sound was dreadful, or was it just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Tonight was a blast, great show, but agree the sound was a bit cack, especially the vocals at the beginning.
    But it sort of straightened itself out a bit later.
    Moment of the night was when Billy threw the mic out to the guy in the crowd, who was up on his mate's shoulders, to sing the song.
    We were just behind him, absolutely class moment and he was a great singer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Much preferred the girl singing Longview, she gave it sox. :D

Really enjoyed the gig. I think I was a bit worn out on Green Day after the Marley Park gig a few years back, but they've really scaled back on the 'Heyyyyy...Hoooo' stuff and the gig was much better for it.

Great setlist and atmosphere was brilliant all night, really jumped up a notch for Basket Case and Jesus of Suburbia though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Now that was a fun gig, fair play to the audience too great atmosphere throughout. Loved the comment to keep the phones in the pocket, enjoy the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Great stuff.....would write a longer and more nuanced review if I wasn't half scuttered :-)

Really enjoyed it tbh.....just what I needed after a crappy couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I think the sound was affected by the wind a bit, but it was mostly ok where I was standing.

Great show though! I don't think anything will top the two shows on the 21CB tour (3Arena in 2009 and Marlay in 2010) for me, because I was such a huge GD fan back then and one of the shows was my 18th birthday :) But tonight was up there with the best performances I've seen.

Before the show, my brother and I were saying they should drop Jesus of Suburbia for a while because they'd fit 3 more songs in its place. I was wrong, I take that back. It was brilliant tonight - definitely one of the stand-out songs.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Much preferred the girl singing Longview, she gave it sox. :D

Did they turn her mic down :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Whats the ground like for the coronas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

bigpink wrote: »
    Whats the ground like for the coronas?

Soft

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Im raging i didnt go to greenday now.Sister.is going to Coronas wellies prob needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I was at the Belfast gig with my missus. The band as always were amazing, can't fault them.

Two things that were very apparent is the crowd just weren't into it, they seemed very bored or sedated. Also the sheer amount of people filming it on phones and blocking the line of site to the stage was unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

My pet hate....

People going to gigs and watching it through their phones...

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    I was at the Belfast gig with my missus. The band as always were amazing, can't fault them.

Two things that were very apparent is the crowd just weren't into it, they seemed very bored or sedated. Also the sheer amount of people filming it on phones and blocking the line of site to the stage was unreal.

Billy did say to the crowd to put the phones down and live in the moment.
    We thought the same about the crowd in Kilmainham being fairly quiet. I think he lost the crowd a few times, some of the newer stuff didn't really get the crowd going and he dragged the arse out of a few numbers.
    But when he did the classics the place was jumping. But we were up near the front so couldn't tell what the atmosphere was like further back.

Advertisement