Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overlimit Item Charges

Options
  • 19-06-2017 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi folks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I recently went on a night out, not knowing I had almost reached the overdraft limit on my BOI Account. After passing this limit, I made 11 small purchases (drinks, food, etc) with my contactless debit card.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For each purchase, I was charged up to €10 in fees (in total, €77). I only earn €250 a week so this was a huge blow to my personal finances.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Given that I never knew these kind of fees even existed, is it possible to make a refund appeal to BOI? I've been a happy customer with them for almost eight years and wouldn't like to leave them because of something like this.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

http://https://goo.gl/PUEfSO
    Chiloe wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi folks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I recently went on a night out, not knowing I had almost reached the overdraft limit on my BOI Account. After passing this limit, I made 11 small purchases (drinks, food, etc) with my contactless debit card.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For each purchase, I was charged up to €10 in fees (in total, €77). I only earn €250 a week so this was a huge blow to my personal finances.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Given that I never knew these kind of fees even existed, is it possible to make a refund appeal to BOI? I've been a happy customer with them for almost eight years and wouldn't like to leave them because of something like this.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Chiloe,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks for your post.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]We are sorry that you are unhappy with the charges applied to your account.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]If you go into an unauthorised overdraft the following fees are applied:[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]1st over limit item per quarter is free[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]2nd and 3rd per quarter are 3.50[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]4th and 5th per quarter are 5.00[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]6th and any item per quarter after that would be charged at 10.00.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]These charges are outlined in the terms and conditions of a personal current account during account opening. As they are valid charges you would need to make a formal complaint to dispute them.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]For information on how to raise a complaint please see here.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I hope this helps.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Kareana [/font]

Advertisement