Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Canada Street Area

Options
  • 19-06-2017 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies if posted before but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about parking in the Canada Street area by the people's park. Will be living there shortly and wondering where visitors can park overnight?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

On street mostly, some apartments down that way have their own car parks, some secure, some just parking in common squares. Car would be reasonably safe if you take reasonable precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You will need a residence permit:
    Parking Permits
    You can buy a Residents’ Parking Permit if your primary residence is in an area of Waterford City where disc parking applies and if you qualify for a permit. This permit would allow you to park in a valid parking space on the public road in which you live without having to pay for your parking. Application forms and further details are available here.

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/departments/roads-parking/parking/waterford.htm

http://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/media/forms/roads/index.htm

Previously, when I lived in town, you could pay for your permit and leave the receipt on the windscreen and this covered you (its €1.80 per hour to park on the street. ) But, I'm not sure if this is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Thanks all.

The building Im living in has residents parking (at a fee) but I'm more so looking for somewhere a visitor could park if they were staying overnight. The building has advised me that temporary parking for visitors is not available.

Sorry to follow up but just wondering about overnight parking anywhere in Waterford. I know of the few carparks but are there any areas that you would consider safe to leave the car overnight? Doesn't necessarily have to be in the city.

Jammyc wrote: »
    Sorry to follow up but just wondering about overnight parking anywhere in Waterford. I know of the few carparks but are there any areas that you would consider safe to leave the car overnight? Doesn't necessarily have to be in the city.

Most places safe, including on street, just usual precautions, not on very quiet lor dark road.you can leave your car in some of the multi storey car parks at city square, New street, railway square but you'll pay for privilege obviously.some more reasonable than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Bolton Street is free after 6pm should be safe enough in there. Need to pay from 9am next day though.

That's great, thanks folks. Heard mixed reviews about safety of Canada Street and surrounding areas so it's good to hear!

Jammyc wrote: »
    That's great, thanks folks. Heard mixed reviews about safety of Canada Street and surrounding areas so it's good to hear!

Usual stuff jammy, don't be hanging round park after dark, stay on busy roads, etc.

Advertisement