Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to switch

Options
  • 19-06-2017 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello, I would like to switch to Electric Ireland, my current provider is Pinergy prepay. Can I switch to Electric Ireland in the normal way or will I have to stay with a prepay meter?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thank you for your interest in switching to Electric Ireland.

You can choose bill-pay or Pay As You Go. You can find information relating to our offers on our website here. You can sign up online or over the phone on 1850 305 090 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm, Saturdays).

You will need to arrange for your current supplier to decivate your Pay As You Go meter if you log a request to switch to Electric Ireland. This can usually be requested within 48 hours of logging the request, although it may take longer if you apply online. Any online applications may take a number of working days to be processed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thank you for your interest in switching to Electric Ireland.

You can choose bill-pay or Pay As You Go. You can find information relating to our offers on our website here. You can sign up online or over the phone on 1850 305 090 (8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm, Saturdays).

You will need to arrange for your current supplier to decivate your Pay As You Go meter if you log a request to switch to Electric Ireland. This can usually be requested within 48 hours of logging the request, although it may take longer if you apply online. Any online applications may take a number of working days to be processed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    Im just afraid once I switch when the prepay meter runs out Ill be without power, even though I would have switched to Electric Ireland bill pay. Do you think that would happen?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi keno-daytrader,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Electricity supply is not affected by a switch as the premises is not being vacated. Provision of supply is backdated to the point the customer makes their switch. So if you switch to Electric Ireland, your first bill will be for usage from your opening meter-reading.

It is important to deactivate the meter from your previous provider as soon as possible after commencing your switch - we recommend switching by phone on 1850 30 50 90. Ensure to have enough credit on the PAYG meter for 24-48 hours also.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Thank you again for your interest in Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nuala Riordan

Hello, I would like to switch to Electric Ireland, my current provider is Pinergy prepay. Can I switch to Electric Ireland in the normal way or will I have to stay with a prepay meter?
    I was with Pinergy and had a lot of problems switching, hope it went ok for you. Never again is all I all I can say for going with Pinergy or prepay

Advertisement