If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 43UH603V

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new TV, and this one seems to fit the bill:

http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx?swapstore=1

Just wondering if it has an RCA×3 connection on the side like my old 32LG2000 does, in lieu of the SCART connection. I like to play retro console stuff the odd time.

Cheers!
    Hi Lumpy_Custard,

The 43UH603 has a component input but will only take the Red/Green/Blue inputs, not the yellow composite connection.

There aren't many 4K TVs that will be compatible with the old yellow/Red/White connections. The LG 43 is a great TV though for the price.

let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭boosabum

Hi guys,

Just wondering if it has an RCA×3 connection on the side like my old 32LG2000 does, in lieu of the SCART connection. I like to play retro console stuff the odd time.

Cheers!
    Hi Lumpy_Custard,

The 43UH603 has a component input but will only take the Red/Green/Blue inputs, not the yellow composite connection.

There aren't many 4K TVs that will be compatible with the old yellow/Red/White connections. The LG 43 is a great TV though for the price.

Kind regards

David
    is this TV able to pick up saorview and has it a LAN connection ?

boosabum wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Cheers!
    Hi Lumpy_Custard,

Kind regards

David
    is this TV able to pick up saorview and has it a LAN connection ?
    Hi Lumpy_Custard,

The TV has freeview HD built in which will pick up Saorview. It also has  a LAN connection to hardwire to your router.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

it also has Wi-Fi built in so you don't really need to wire direct to router ( although it is faster if you do :) )

It also has a built-in satellite tuner BTW!!

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

it also has Wi-Fi built in so you don't really need to wire direct to router ( although it is faster if you do :) )

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    So by built in tuner then it's possible to pick up the FTA satellite channels & the saorview channels also ?
    What's the sound quality like, i don't want to have to buy a soundbar also as i'm looking for something for my dad and too many devices might prove tricky to use 

• Advertisement

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    So by built in tuner then it's possible to pick up the FTA satellite channels & the saorview channels also ?
    What's the sound quality like, i don't want to have to buy a soundbar also as i'm looking for something for my dad and too many devices might prove tricky to use 
    Hey Boosabum.

Yip you can get both Saorview and if you have a satellite dish can pick up the FreeSat stations also. These are both on separate guids and you have to switch between the two tuners via the remote.

Sound quality is pretty spot on for a flat screen TV and should not require a soundbar.

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hey Boosabum.

Yip you can get both Saorview and if you have a satellite dish can pick up the FreeSat stations also. These are both on separate guids and you have to switch between the two tuners via the remote.

Sound quality is pretty spot on for a flat screen TV and should not require a soundbar.
    Hi Guys,

How long will this TV be on offer at €450 for ?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew
    Hey Boosabum.

Hi Guys,

How long will this TV be on offer at €450 for ?
    Hey Boosabum.

Unfortunately I have no idea.
    Sometimes pricing on a product can take place twice in one day.

We only ever get told of price changes on the morning of the change.

Hi Guys,

I purchased this tv and it has arrived with a damaged screen.
    Can you let me know how i can return or what the process is please

Hi Guys,

Hey Boosabum.

We really do apologies for this.

Thanks for sending over the pictures, it looks like they must have kicked it the whole way to your house when delivering it. I have asked our courier to explain to us how this could be possible to break the end off a TV and that massive impact mark looks like a meteor has struck it.

I know I'm cracking a joke about it but it is not funny or acceptable for them to deliver a TV in this condition.

Could I also get some photos of the box as I take it is also damaged?

We are on the case and will have you sorted ASAP.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

Hey Boosabum.

Thanks for sending over the pictures, it looks like they must have kicked it the whole way to your house when delivering it. I have asked our courier to explain to us how this could be possible to break the end off a TV and that massive impact mark looks like a meteor has struck it.

I know I'm cracking a joke about it but it is not funny or acceptable for them to deliver a TV in this condition.

Hi,

I have send on some images to the sales@ email account.
    I spoke to someone on the phone on Saturday morning and they were ever so helpful.
    A new TV is been dispatched tomorrow (Tuesday) and the damaged one been taken away.
    Thanks for the help in this matter, can't say enough about how positive the experience has been considering the damage was most likely inflicted by the courier.

Hi Guys,

Hey Boosabum.

Hi,

I have send on some images to the sales@ email account.
    I spoke to someone on the phone on Saturday morning and they were ever so helpful.
    A new TV is been dispatched tomorrow (Tuesday) and the damaged one been taken away.
    Thanks for the help in this matter, can't say enough about how positive the experience has been considering the damage was most likely inflicted by the courier.

Hi boosabum,

Thank you very much for your message! We will keep you posted on the status of your replacement and make sure the courier contacts you with a delivery and collection time.

If you have any other issues in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards

David

Hi Guys,

Any idea if i can download apps on this TV.
    Seems to be a great piece of kit but when i try to download an app it gives a "does not support downloading" error.
    Be a shame if this was the case....no joy goggling it. 

Hi Guys,

Any idea if i can download apps on this TV.
    Seems to be a great piece of kit but when i try to download an app it gives a "does not support downloading" error.
    Be a shame if this was the case....no joy goggling it. 
    Hi Boos,

Yep the LG 43UH603 is a F A N T A S T I C piece of kit for very little money! - you should be able to download from the LG App store:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/smarttv/smart-apps

However do note that the apps vary depending on your region ( ie UK apps may not be available in the ROI!)

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks, can i install apps which are not from the LG store as in apk's from other sources ?

Regards

Alan

Hmmmm,

Unfortunately - most TV manufacturers have their ability to download apps pretty locked down ( generally for good reasons as 3rd party Apps can play havoc with the basic OS installed on your TV) 

The exception is Sony / Android - if you opt for a TV with Android OS you have access to the Android store which generally will be able to satisfy most Customers.

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.