Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Approval Advice

Options
  • 19-06-2017 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

My partner and I got approval in principle about 8 weeks back. We luckily put down a security deposit for a new build and so we now need our full mortgage approval to proceed with the signing of contracts.

My question would be - will the bank (PTSB) have an issue that the AIP amount we got which is €275k is going against a house with the value of €435k? We are obviously self-funding the remainder of the cost but just worrying this may be an issue..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

hello92 wrote: »
    Hello,

My partner and I got approval in principle about 8 weeks back. We luckily put down a security deposit for a new build and so we now need our full mortgage approval to proceed with the signing of contracts.

My question would be - will the bank (PTSB) have an issue that the AIP amount we got which is €275k is going against a house with the value of €435k? We are obviously self-funding the remainder of the cost but just worrying this may be an issue..

I can't think of any reason why it would be an issue. The lower LTV gives the bank greater security if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

You're not using the help to buy scheme then as mortgage would need to be 70% your % is working out at 63%?

That would be a shame to loose out on that tax back incentive, for sake of few grand more borrowing.

I don't see bank having an issue with the LTV once they are happy with the value.

It's the point above I'd have issue with

Advertisement