Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother USA 19 (2017)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Mr E wrote: »
    The cast has been announced for this year, including a cosplay artist and a rodeo clown.

This is my favourite BB by far, so I'm really looking forward to it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/big-brother-19-cast_us_5947eaa4e4b0f15cd5bd0378

Starts on Wednesday week (June 28th).

What channel is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CBS in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Overall I think this is a fairly solid cast - if they could just spend a little less time objectifying each other and focus on the gameplay and strategy instead it could be a great season.

Delighted to see the returning player is one of my favourites from recent season so hope they manage to go far in to the game.

Your boy is back. :o

Decent opener.

So Cody is definitely a serial killer in his spare time and Josh is clearly a raving lunatic. Everyone else seems fine for the moment.

Anyone else getting Matthew Lillard's long lost brother vibes from the Rodeo Clown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Well they delivered that 3 weeks of safety free pass to Paul on a silver platter. Don't like being conned like that.

Pretty dramatic first 8 days it has to be said.

Hopefully they'll chill out with the temptation twists now they have Paul there for a month at least.

I've really enjoyed it so far. Usually I'm not a big fan of loads of twists, but for some reason these ones just seem to work.

The first week has been action packed alright. A quitter, an injury, some fights, lots of showmances.

Lots of twists too. The BBUSA producers just know what will work and what won't (compared to BBCAN for example).
    I have a feeling that more replacements may happen (vets coming back).

I think they have a good mix of contestants this year - it's a pretty diverse group.

Kevin is a great character, but he is so far out of his comfort zone. Hopefully he gets more involved or he will be picked off as a floater.
    Christmas is great too, but I'm not sure she will go the distance. The sleigh bell sound effects are very twee. :)

Paul is still great fun too.

Great to have this show back. One of the best of the summer season.

Cody is a psycho. Hope he survives the week! :)

Still loving Christmas in July. :D

• Advertisement

Paul succeeding in his campaign to keep Christmas in the house... That whole arc should forever be referred to as "Your Boy Who Saved Christmas"...

OK I've caught up. Josh was an absolute tool at last week's veto.

Cody going home was inevitable. He came across as really likable and pretty humble in his exit interview.
    Shows how much of his death stares were editing (or scripted). I want him to win with Battle Back on Thursday.

Gutted for Christmas - that's a horrible injury that she got.

This week? *shrug*
    None of my favourites are on the block so I'm not bothered. I'd like Jess to stick around if Cody is coming back.

I agree that Cody actually came across a lot better in his exit interview and I too would be happy to see him win the Battle Back.

I'm certainly enjoying this season a whole lot more than last year.

Cody just takes himself far too seriously in a game that shouldn't be taken in any way seriously.

He has become quite the anti hero.

Paul should have known better not to take him out though. Is this the 4th or 5th battle back in a row?

So another week down... Veto episode was painful (overuse of the snake metaphor and snake sound effects)
    Eviction was straight forward enough. Jesus didn't want her to stay.

Den of Temptation prize has the potential to be very interesting, considering who won the battle back.

In that, it was the best result (for entertainment value) in all three rounds, and the best person got back into the house. :):)

Great week overall.

Yes, thankfully the religious nut is gone and will stay gone. What an absolute headwrecker.

Couldn't have asked for more from this week. The whole thing was heavily weighed in Cody's favour. I like the idea of the showdown but playing the game a second time is a massive advantage when games have steep learning curves.

Let's hope producers sit back and stop meddling from now on. This are nicely positioned.

Was that one of the most entertaining HOH competitions in years?

I think so.... it had a bit of everything. Drama, tension, comedy, lunacy, sadness and a fantastic result. :o

The more the rest of the house treat them like crap, the more I find myself rooting for Cody & Jessica.

They're 100% underdogs though.

Unless they up their social game and start some alliances (or take turns winning HOH), they're screwed.

Still fun to watch. :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    They're 100% underdogs though.

Unless they up their social game and start some alliances (or take turns winning HOH), they're screwed.

Still fun to watch. :)

They're essentially guaranteed 2 weeks safety to work on getting some allies - I could see them pulling Jason, Kevin, Ramses and Alex (especially if Paul gets evicted this week or next) into an alliance of sorts and if they can get those 4 on side, then they've got the numbers again.

Not saying I want that to happen, but it would be a plausible progression - I don't think they're as screwed as it appears on the surface.

The way things currently are they're going to struggle to get "the outsiders" to join up with them. That could change but they've a lot of work to do to build proper ties with anyone in the house.

The likes of Alex, Jason and Kevin are in a pretty comfort position I'm the middle at the moment and don't really need to go changing that right now.

Liking the new Sunday competition. The whole season of temptation seems completely rigged to keep the strong big popular players in but I think that's leading to an entertaining first half of the season.

Jessica has turned into quite the anti hero. Even more so than cody. Still think they are ****ed, especially after they made a ****e of their hoh week.

Yeah the temptation competition was a clever idea. I've said it before and I'll say it again - the twists and extras this year have all just worked and they've all added greatly to the season. Kudos to the producers.

If it was scripted drama, they couldn't have written it any better this week. The eviction episode should be fun, assuming Jessica can keep her mouth shut until then.

On a side note, is Josh the biggest tool to ever play the game? I'm not sure I'd have been so passive if someone was clanging frying pans in my face... Very emotionally immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

It's like they are all sitting back and going to let Paul sail through to the final. Josh seems unstable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

I can't believe they're all letting Paul call every shot! Get in bed, OK Paul! Don't see anyone taking a shot at him. They need to do it early.

OK, have to admit Paul played Jessica well. Have yet to watch eviction episode, really hope she throws Cody under the bus as she seems like a good player when flying solo.

From what I heard the editing was a little OTT in making it look like Jessica was considering not using the hex.

Entertaining week if BB. Josh is some dick and plenty more on that side if the house are coming across pretty poorly (I'm looking at you Raven).

Let's see if the big plan to keep the strong players works by cody winning the temptation competition and one of jody winning veto.

Everyone taunting Jody was disgusting, BB UK would have issued warnings for something like that. I was hoping Mark would step in.
    Josh winning HoH is going to be unbearable. He's a hateful piece of ****

• Advertisement

pooch90 wrote: »
    Josh winning HoH is going to be unbearable.

Yeah, he's an asshole. Should be good for TV though - it'll be an unpredictable week, that's for sure.

Advertisement