Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother USA 19 (2017)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Once again, the outcome couldn't have been scripted better. Very good episode. :)

Loved how polite Kevin was in the temptation comp. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    Loved how polite Kevin was in the temptation comp. :D

I hope we start seeing more of Kevin in general. Apparently he's hilarious in the Live Feeds and seems to be the one that any of the audience who watches the feeds are rooting for to win. He's been great in what we've seen of him on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's difficult to root for anyone but Kevin.

Josh is some gobsh*te. What's worse is he's a proper super fan and not a recruit.

2 stranger things themed comps now after Canada did one earlier this year. I doubt the US version are paying any royalties though with their cheap knock off version.

Also, I really hope they keep this new competition and rebrand it for next year. It adds quite a bit to the game.

Like Jessica throwing it this week to ensure that she plays for the veto nullifying the back door.

Then should the opposite side of the house have had the foresight to also throw it resulting in a temporary pawn playing in the veto competition but also putting themselves in danger?

Will we have a group of people gunning to win and another group gunning to come last every week?

Me likey.

Loved Otev's multiple personalities - great fun.

Is Jess going home? I'm not so sure...

• Advertisement

Best otev ever. Did he call them sh*tty contestants or something like that?

Josh being an idiot listening to Paul's advice about Jury but still saying Jess is not his target.

I would have loved some crazy Paul backdooring move but alas, God knows when/if the house will decide to turn on him.

Ugh, running out of patience with this cast right now.

Struggling to see how Paul does not take home first prize. And if for some reason he was voted out towards the end or didn't get the votes from the Jury it would just feel like it's been handed to a lesser player.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Ugh, running out of patience with this cast right now.

Struggling to see how Paul does not take home first prize. And if for some reason he was voted out towards the end or didn't get the votes from the Jury it would just feel like it's been handed to a lesser player.

I don't think Paul is playing as good a game as he did last season. He doesn't seem to have to, but I'm definitely struggling to root for him. I'd much rather see Kevin, Jason, Christmas, or Alex winning this season.

I think he's playing a better game than last year (he got extremely lucky last year with Victor continuously coming back into the house and acting as a meat shield) but the rest of the house are atrocious so it doesn't really matter how he plays. How the hell did he find himself in a position where he's safe on a weekly basis? He should have been up on the block as soon as his safety period was up. It now looks like there's zero chance of him getting booted until the final week. That's ludicrous.

Unfortunately it's difficult to root for Paul when he's not the underdog.

The rest of the house are far too happy to have made it to Jury and are still playing an 'as long as it's not me' type game.

Matt and Raven looking to target the Elena and Mark? How dumb is that? Guess who's the only other showmance to target once that's broken up.

I genuinely don't feel like rooting for anyone beyond Cody at the moment. Maybe Kevin and Jason.

A wild Clip Show appears!

What the f***? This isn't the '80s or '90s, why are clip shows still a thing?

• Advertisement

Worst. Double eviction. Ever.

I'm assuming the addition of Derek isn't enough to make the clip show watchable?

Worst. Double eviction. Ever.

I'm assuming the addition of Derek isn't enough to make the clip show watchable?

Nah, once I realised it was a clip show I switched it off.

The double eviction comes across as an incredibly amateurish effort (or highlights how well edited the main show is). Lots of awkward pauses, sound glitches and uninteresting strategising.

I said it before and I'll say it again - it's amazing how different Cody is outside the house. Charming, friendly and very likable.

Skipped the clip show. Life's too short for crap like that. Too early too - I wonder if there'll be another one (to also skip) before finale?

Decent episode today (despite the fact that I only really care about Kevin and Christmas).

Best. Zingbot. Ever.

Zingbot was super harsh. Moreso than usual it felt like.

I'm really struggling with this season now though. Pretty much hate the entire house apart from Christmas and Paul at this stage and I've no interest in either of those winning.

Might hang up my BB boots after hopefully another all stars season next year.

Not a bad week. Jason was a moron for pissing the whole house off. The aftermath was like a car crash.

Another double eviction episode and two very cranky evictees!

It's going to be a seriously bitter jury. I have a feeling that if Paul makes it to the last two, its a coin toss whether or not he'll win.

And Celebrity BB in a few months - wow! :)

I don't see Paul losing it in the hands of a bitter jury. I think his goodbye message to Jason was not the wisest move, and possibly the one glaring error I've seen from him this season, but I think Jason and everyone else will get over it.

I think the chances of Paul losing are slim and have been so for weeks. The only way he doesn't win is if Josh takes him out at final 3. While he may be considering taking the shot this week I don't think it can be done. Which is ridiculous and shows how strong a position Paul is in.

I'm amazed Josh got this far - I had him gone by week 2 or 3 because of his overreaction and paranoia in the first HoH competition. If he makes it to final 2, I might actually root for him to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Josh''s goodbye message to Jason may prove to be very important. Paul playing everybody else against each other will be recognised now in the jury house, it's hard to know though whether they'll see it as a popularity contest, or a gameplay contest. Maven and Jason might be bitter but I think the rest would vote for Paul if he makes it.

Josh''s problem is that Christmas's plan since her injury has been to use Paul as a crutch to carry her through the physical competitions, it doesn't really matter to her what Paul does as she's always envisioned him having to be there at the end. If Josh wants to blindside Paul then he had to hope Paul or Christmas don't win veto. He then only needs to turn one of Kevin or Alex against Paul.

I heard though that there's a surprise extra conviction tonight which might shake things up too.

Apparently Christmas has said that she's developed "feelings" for Paul so it's gone beyond strategically using Paul as a crutch.

Also, I don't think Alex or Kevin would turn on Paul even if Josh exposes their final 3 deal. The decision to be made between believing Josh and turning on the one housemate they feel they have a strong relationship with vs. ignoring Josh and placing their trust in Paul would only go one way I think.

Again, it's absurd that Paul has managed to put himself in such a strong position.

Maybe I need to reevaluate my "I don't see Paul losing it in the hands of a bitter jury." statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Maybe I need to reevaluate my "I don't see Paul losing it in the hands of a bitter jury." statement.

A lot depends who makes final two with Paul. I'd love to hear the conversations in the jury house. The thing is, Cody, Elena, and Mark might all be even more bitter towards Josh, but I just don't see Matt or Raven voting against Paul. Alex might still be dumb enough to vote for Paul anyway to show 'America' how awesome a person she is. Kevin seems to just be grateful that Paul brought him this far. Christmas has a Paul crush.

ectoraige wrote: »
    A lot depends who makes final two with Paul. I'd love to hear the conversations in the jury house. The thing is, Cody, Elena, and Mark might all be even more bitter towards Josh, but I just don't see Matt or Raven voting against Paul. Alex might still be dumb enough to vote for Paul anyway to show 'America' how awesome a person she is. Kevin seems to just be grateful that Paul brought him this far. Christmas has a Paul crush.
    I think Alex will be key as she will influence Jason too. I was surprised with how upset she was after being evicted with Paul telling her the bag news well in advance. While I do think Alex is a massive try hard, I also thought she was a big enough fan to acknowledge that Paul's decision not to save her was a game move similar to many well respected past players. Maybe she needed to know that Paul hasn't jumped ship last minute by ditching his ride or die. Instead he has 5 ride or dies in the house and its more a matter of choosing who he drags to the final 2.

I wonder would he have benefited from an honest good bye messages from all the house spelling this out.

Paul had a hand in most evictions so it depends on how much the jurors respect his game (vs. holding a grudge).

FYI last night was a clip show with 2 minutes of the new HOH (endurance comp) at the end. Not worth watching IMO. I skipped to the end.

Game wise, Paul definitely deserves to win, so I hope the jury will see that. Unless of course Josh wins final HoH, in which case its a moot point, because Josh will bring Christmas to Final 2.

Kevin should probably win viewer's choice, although I think Cody could be a dark horse in that vote - he started off terribly but became much more likeable as the season went on and I think his reactions and comments in the clips of jury house have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Mr E wrote: »
    Paul had a hand in most evictions so it depends on how much the jurors respect his game (vs. holding a grudge).

FYI last night was a clip show with 2 minutes of the new HOH (endurance comp) at the end. Not worth watching IMO. I skipped to the end.

I was too afraid to read the thread until I'd watched all episodes. Wish I hadn't wasted 20 minutes before skipping to the end :(

I've never seen such a f**king bitter jury (the talk with Will was so ridiculous, and I'm glad he didn't take any of their s**t)... Some of them came off so so petty. I think Kevin, Christmas, and Cody are the only jury members who came out not looking like huge babies...

I'm glad Cody won America's Favourite Player though, and if any of this season's cast are asked back, I hope it'd be Cody or Jessica...

• Advertisement

Someone's Pissed!!!!

Paul was not happy at all. The only moment I thought Paul was in danger of losing was when he was answering jury questions. He refused to own his game. I'm not sure if it was a live jury or not but he didn't do himself any favours imo.

Alex and Mark should know better regardless.

The best thing about this season was the Paul - less jury. Cody really did become the stand out player. I'd love to know how intentional his casting was.

Let's hope the celebrity version mimics the main game and doesn't go look to the UK version for inspiration.

Also BBCan is coming back after fans kicked up a bit of a fuss.

Advertisement