Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother USA 19 (2017)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally got to watch it tonight.

You know the slow motion freeze frame of Ralph Wiggum's heart breaking in the Simpsons? They could have done one of those with the final key pull. :)

Kind of feel sorry for Paul. He deserved it more than Josh.

Glad for Cody too. He was so surprised!

Decent enough season overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

I found the whole series infuriating!
    A vet comes in, you target them and get them out, not follow them like a lost puppy!
    He deserved the win but was TV gold to see him realise Cody had the deciding vote and he wasn't getting it. Josh definitely didn't deserve the win. It was an Anti- Paul vote, not a Pro-Josh vote.

OT but can anybody recommend a similar strategy type show? We are doing survivor. Have just started the Amazing Race but not sure if it's for us. Maybe it's just the latest season is with strangers and the others have better dynamics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure that there is anything with relative depth of BB, but I like Ink Master.
    It's a tattoo competition and the contestants have opportunities to screw the other contestants over. The season 9 finale is tomorrow night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even though they've both been cancelled for quite some time now, both Beauty & The Geek and King Of The Nerds ended up being very strategy based, and two of my favourite reality competition shows of all-time. Beauty & The Geek had a US version, a UK version, and a Australian version, and while I don't really remember much about the UK one, the US and Aus ones were great. King of the Nerds had 3 seasons in the US and also one season in the UK, and both are worth watching, although the US version being the superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think it's very telling that Paul most likely hasn't watched a single episode of Big Brother featuring the jury. While he did a stellar job of controlling everything within the house it's apparent to anyone who's watched the game that jury management is a factor that can't be ignored.

I thought that he was still strategically holding back his apologies and game ownership when in front of the jury but he genuinely doesn't see any issue with that side of his game. He doesn't get that people are going to be pissed when they're promised the world (both in terms of game and friendship) and then cut off like nothings happened. Not only are they going to be pissed, they're going to be embarrassed. I completely underestimated how bitter proper fans of the game were as jurors.

There's nothing wrong with a manipulative game but you got to be careful with how you send people out the door.

Paul making faces as Josh gave his final speech/answered questions was not a good look and did him no favours whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

pooch90 wrote: »
    OT but can anybody recommend a similar strategy type show? We are doing survivor. Have just started the Amazing Race but not sure if it's for us. Maybe it's just the latest season is with strangers and the others have better dynamics?
    Two seasons of Survivor, US Big Brother, Canadian Big Brother and now Celebrity Big Brother is enough for me at the moment.

South Koreas The Genius is a show that's raved about in some circles but I didn't find it as compelling as everyone make it out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

pooch90 wrote: »
    I found the whole series infuriating!
    A vet comes in, you target them and get them out, not follow them like a lost puppy!
    He deserved the win but was TV gold to see him realise Cody had the deciding vote and he wasn't getting it. Josh definitely didn't deserve the win. It was an Anti- Paul vote, not a Pro-Josh vote.

I have to agree, the series was very infuriating. It was like Paul's Big Brother, couldnt believe how the house mates (some Super Fans :eek: ) followed him like sheep! Matt should be the most embarrassed, constantly on the block as a pawn and only concerned with how many bowls of Lucky Charms he could eat.

The last episode helped it not to be the worst Big Brother US ever. Cody walks away with half of the money that Paul was taking home and he got the hottest girl ever to be in the Big Brother house!! Fair play to the sniper!

Advertisement