Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France - best way to watch it online.

Options
  • 19-06-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So this year I will not be in Ireland during the tour and I will not have an access to the TV while on holidays in Spain. What's the best way to watch it online (if I get some decent internet package from some spanish mobile provider for that few weeks). Will eurosport player (in english) work in Spain? Any other way to watch it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

omri wrote: »
    Hi,

So this year I will not be in Ireland during the tour and I will not have an access to the TV while on holidays in Spain. What's the best way to watch it online (if I get some decent internet package from some spanish mobile provider for that few weeks). Will eurosport player (in english) work in Spain? Any other way to watch it?

I think Steephill have a link to a Spanish stream, only available in Spain. If you understand Spanish you will never go back to the English drivel again. If I have to watch English commentary I usually turn it down. The Spanish lads wipe the floor with them. Pedro Delgado very good normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cloonamnaman

My 1st choice? TV is still better & more reliable than internet so I would try to get Free to Air/Freeview through a dish aligned to UK broadcasts to pick up ITV4's coverage, which is to be full race distance for 1st time I understand. For me this would be worth buying a cheap 2nd dish if necessary. Also, Ned Boulting & David Millar are just about the best cycling commentators you could ask for. I would also be wary of Eurosport player, having found Steephill's links hit & miss, I recently signed up for a year direct & now regret that, I got it for the Giro and saw maybe 1hr of proper coverage, the rest was in unwatchable 2 sec segments, so ask around for local experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

ITV4 is painful to watch. Ads every 10mins it seems.

ITV4 is painful to watch. Ads every 10mins it seems.

Eurosport isn't much better unless you have a player sub and can watch the raw feed ad free minus commentary, ffs after the Giro I wanted to buy a bora cooker, get insurance from go compare, and book a holiday to Israel :p

Advertisement