Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a package ordered online to arrive at local post office?

Options
  • 19-06-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm buying online from Germany, and it would be very useful if An Post could hold the package for collection instead of delivering it to my address. Anyone know how I could achieve this, if it's even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Use their addresspal service.. it goes to england and then comes through an post. When you sign up for it (free) you can choose what post office it goes to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Addresspal from anpost as mention above is an option but careful with the oversize items as they charge €25.

Can you maybe include a comment that you will collect the item from post office or sorting office. Maybe chat to your postman about it.

Maybe also try Parcel Motel (Collect from locker or their warehouse if oversize) or Parcel Wizard (get it deliver to work, friends address or collection point).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you are sure that the parcel.is being sent by post rather than a courier it is worth ringing your local sorting office. Just say that your work schedule changed and you don't want them.to have to make an unneccessary journey. Make it sound like you are doing them the favour!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to get stuff sent to

my name
    C/O local post office
    blah blah
    dublin

I would always ask in advance if this was OK to do. Used to come to one in college or a local one up the road. Mine were always small parcels and never left long in their office.

There is a formal term for this, but appears to be intended for visitors.
    What is the Poste Restante service?
    Poste Restante is a free service that allows visitors to a town to have their mail addressed to the local Post Office, where it will be held for collection.
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/GeneralTemplates/AboutUsStandard.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b26BC1A68-07BE-4F4D-A793-4B9501BFE3D9%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fAnPost%2fFAQs%2fPostalFAQs%2ehtm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest#posterestante

Since addresspal is out now they might suggest you use it instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

When you buy online it asked for your Adrea's and a delivery address if different. Could you put the post office there

• Advertisement
Advertisement