Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bloggers and #ad #spon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

My point isn't should or shouldn't she be an influencer, if she has social media reach and brands will use her for her influence over her followers, then she is an influencer, regardless of who has signed her up.

There's no rules to who can or can't become one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

You 'double dared' me which was childish, hence my age comment.

I already agreed I don't think Aoife should be lauded as an influencer/blogger.

I was just defending her because some people were saying she was piggybacking off her brother when she has her own business, unlike some people who have nothing to do BUT piggyback off a family member's success, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

And you are missing the point myself and others were making, she's getting the title because of her brother, fussyonions said it was unfair that people were saying she was only getting this and that because of her brother and that she is a successful business woman.

I was simply saying others women are also successful business people aren't "influencers" and she was getting this title due to her celebrity brother and the followers she has because she is his sister. She was picked because of who her brother is, simple as. I've enough chat about her. Moving on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

scarbouro wrote: »
    But she only has followers because of who her brother is... It's not for her business or talent.
    So what? Is it any skin off your nose? Do you have a problem with the kardashians and Jenners? A problem with Carla Jackson? A problem with Lottie Ryan? Or with Rosanna Davison?

The pure bang of nastiness and begrudgery from some of ye in this forum in the past few days, it's like being back in the playground.

What do you want from the girl? A CV and a Garda clearance from her and her fella?

Fussyonion I didn't double dare you are all:eek: You commented, I quoted you and the gingerlily replied and I mentioned what you said.

You seem to be aggressive to my posts and meant them for someone else.

Originally Posted by maccydoodies viewpost.gif
    What business is that? I double dare you to ask her about her husband's past and if he was away on holiday for a few years after being convicted of something!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Why is anyone an influencer though?! It’s not like it’s a job that you need experience or qualifications for. Only a following for whatever reason really.

wendydoll wrote: »
    Fussyonion I didn't double dare you are all:eek: You commented, I quoted you and the gingerlily replied and I mentioned what you said.

You seem to be aggressive to my posts and meant them for someone else.

Originally Posted by maccydoodies viewpost.gif
    What business is that? I double dare you to ask her about her husband's past and if he was away on holiday for a few years after being convicted of something!!!!!

wendy, sorry, I tried quoting on my phone and for some reason it doesn't work properly. Not being aggressive.

wendydoll wrote: »
    What has my age got to do with anything?

My point is getting the influencer title due to her brothers success. I wouldn't care less if she looked a plain jane or a playboy bunny. Not begrudging her or her family but lets be honest here, she's pigbacking because she's a McGregor

My comment was directed at maccy, not you. I tried quoting maccy, thought I did but obviously didn;t.

That's no problem. I was just confused you were making out I was being childish. Thought I was going mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭scarbouro

So what? Is it any skin off your nose? Do you have a problem with the kardashians and Jenners? A problem with Carla Jackson? A problem with Lottie Ryan? Or with Rosanna Davison?

The pure bang of nastiness and begrudgery from some of ye in this forum in the past few days, it's like being back in the playground.

What do you want from the girl? A CV and a Garda clearance from her and her fella?

Hold on here a second Lexie. Don't you dare start speaking down to me or start having a go. I was pointing out that the girl only got the title of influencer because of her brother. That's not a lie, that's fact.

Also, I'd like to point out that in any of my previous posts on any of the threads, I'm never nasty about any blogger. I have added my point of view end of. And begrudgery??? Would you get a grip and stop trying to be a smart arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

scarbouro wrote: »
    Hold on here a second Lexie. Don't you dare start speaking down to me or start having a go. I was pointing out that the girl only got the title of influencer because of her brother. That's not a lie, that's fact.

Also, I'd like to point out that in any of my previous posts on any of the threads, I'm never nasty about any blogger. I have added my point of view end of. And begrudgery??? Would you get a grip and stop trying to be a smart arse.
    Don't I dare what? Report my post if you've a problem with it. Honestly, who cares? Why do you care who her brother is? You're the one making a big deal out of her family connections. smart arse?! :D when you're not capable of having an actual discussion revert to personal abuse, standard I suppose, given the tone of your previous posts, proving my playground comment for me.

Don't I dare what? Report my post if you've a problem with it. Honestly, who cares? Why do you care who her brother is? You're the one making a big deal out of her family connections. smart arse?! :D when you're not capable of having an actual discussion revert to personal abuse, standard I suppose, given the tone of your previous posts, proving my playground comment for me.

Somebody else mentioned Aoife McGregor and asking how she could be signed up by an agency. Who said I've an issue with who her brother is? You're making up your own crap there. I was pointing out why she had so many followers because of her brother. I was replying to a post which I'm entitled to do.

Why are you the one jumping down my neck for replying to someone's post?! What's it to you? My post had absolutely nothing to do with anything you had to say so why do YOU care so much? Move along if my posts bother you. I've seen you tear into other people over the years for not seeing your point of view or agreeing with you. My tone in previous posts?? Like what? As I have said above, I have never said anything nasty about any blogger. I have given my opinion, you just didn't like it.

You were being a smart ass, listing off a bunch of other bloggers /influencers and asking if I had a problem with them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭RoisinClare6

Apologies for bringing Aoife McGregor up lads...didn't mean to start a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Mod

Thanks for the reported posts everyone. Personal abuse of other posters is not permitted. If you feel the need to do it, step away from the keyboard and calm down for a while or put the other poster on ignore.

Back on topic now please!

Not your fault Roisin.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I have a mental image of you taking the pin out of a grenade, throwing it over your shoulder and just walking off with explosions going off behind you! ;)

laylag wrote: »
    I have a mental image of you taking the pin out of a grenade, throwing it over your shoulder and just walking off with explosions going off behind you! ;)

Popped some sunglasses on and swaggered off into the sunset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Popped some sunglasses on and swaggered off into the sunset

Aluxe sunglasses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

I see that a few of the influencers have received a necklace from Chupi. Is it just me or is it good timing with all the aliexpress drama going around. Hah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Marissa Carter had #partnership on snaps today with yoursmiledirect. That’s a new one to me. Why not just #ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I see that a few of the influencers have received a necklace from Chupi. Is it just me or is it good timing with all the aliexpress drama going around. Hah

I think that's because Chupi had a launch party this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I'm convinced MUF doesn't use that bPerfect brow stuff at all! The powder looks untouched! In the snap before she shows the powder you can see the mac browgel she had on holidays with her!! She is brand ambassador and uses #ad for the snaps for people that don't watch! (In almost all the snaps she didn't for first one but sure......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

idunno78 wrote: »
    I'm convinced MUF doesn't use that bPerfect brow stuff at all! The powder looks untouched! In the snap before she shows the powder you can see the mac browgel she had on holidays with her!! She is brand ambassador and uses #ad for the snaps for people that don't watch! (In almost all the snaps she didn't for first one but sure......)

Yea that powder def looked untouched. I dono about ye but my brow stuff is always the mankiest off all my products it certainly wouldn't look like that if I'd been using it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Lisas lust list is off to Milan with fairy for that skincare range. No #ad or #sp, just #Brandambassador. Even fairy #sp for God's sake. She's also doing something with bellamianta and that wasn't hashtagged either. It is in conjunction with the Marie keating foundation, but I presume she's still getting paid? Sinead from the beautiful truth said she was promoting childline, she was paid by an external company to do it but has donated the money back to childline, and she still has to #ad, so I'm not sure what's going on with Lisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GreaterGood2

hi everyone, longtime lurker now first time poster on this topic.

I am so so so fed up of the blogging scene, I think the bubble has really burst in the last couple of months and you cannot believe a word due to the inconsistent transparency.

I agree some have got better at disclosing ad or sp in the last couple of months (albeit, may be inconsistent in their approach), however, not everyone is using it and i think it's misleading, unfair and totally unacceptable.

I think what drove me here was Lisa Lust List's blog (FB page). Now, fair play to her, she keeps her content updated everyday - I know that blogging isn't her full time gig. However, she is clearly sponsored for her recent bellamianta gig and no call out as such. Whilst I know the trip to the maldives was free (and ya know, she works so hard on her little page so please be pleased for her because she is handed a free trip), she did mention she was asked to go, all expenses paid - but again, throughout the last couple of days ad or sp was not included in any of her content.

I feel like this should be reported to the ASAI. She has an older following, but some people seem to be buying into the ''ah sure lads, amn't I as lucky'' kind of vibe, when clearly most posts are one ad after the next.

I am so so fed up with the lack of transparency. Again, there is another well known waterford makeup artist who's SC is full of product endorsements and adverts and not once does she include ad or sp....and her following would be quite young and impressionable.

I think I am going to log my first ASAI complaint......just want to ensure that I my understanding of disclosing ad & sp is correct.

• Advertisement

Hahaha snap greater good, I think we saw her post at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GreaterGood2

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Lisas lust list is off to Milan with fairy for that skincare range. No #ad or #sp, just #Brandambassador. Even fairy #sp for God's sake. She's also doing something with bellamianta and that wasn't hashtagged either. It is in conjunction with the Marie keating foundation, but I presume she's still getting paid? Sinead from the beautiful truth said she was promoting childline, she was paid by an external company to do it but has donated the money back to childline, and she still has to #ad, so I'm not sure what's going on with Lisa.

I know Siobhnk, it's getting beyond ridiculous now. She isn't a small time blogger anymore, she has over a 130k following, she calls herself a social influencer, so why isn't she following suit with all the other well known social influencers in terms of transparency. I really wish someone would call her out, but I know others have on occasions and got blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Totally agree on Lisa lust list. She is the worst of the lot I think..nothing is ever an ad or sponsored but her whole page appears to be a way to get freebies for her and to run competitions to get.more followers. All done with a "little old me" attitude. She doesn't allow any negativity on her page so god help anyone that questions it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Mod

GreaterGood2, please read the charter. You need to have over 50 posts and be a Boards member for three months to post here. You're welcome to rejoin the discussion when you meet these criteria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Did anyone see Sinead's (The Beautiful Truth) snaps about charity payment which she is donating back to the charity?

I think it's a lovely thing to do as it helps the charity in two ways really.

A certain someone could take a leaf out of her book, but greed comes first it seems.

• Advertisement

Did anyone see Sinead's (The Beautiful Truth) snaps about charity payment which she is donating back to the charity?

I think it's a lovely thing to do as it helps the charity in two ways really.

A certain someone could take a leaf out of her book, but greed comes first it seems.

Yeah I thought it was a lovely idea. Especially when the money was being paid by another company, and not the charity themselves, so the charity really is benefiting. I really like Sinead, she's a blogger I would trust, and probably the only blogger I would trust. Which is sad that it's gotten like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I am totallu baffled at MUFs trip to Milan, Firstly, she made it out as if she was chosen to be their only brand ambassador, there are actually 2 other bloggers from Ireland on the same trip. Secondly, why is her BF there?? I don't mean in Milan, but at the actual factory? I am so embarassed for her. The carry on is crazy, it is not appropriate to bring your BF to work with you... Is she trying to make him into Sues Dylan?? (Who is actually much more behind the scenes than MUFs lad). Thirdly, she didn't go to the dinner held by the brand that the other ambassadors went to.... That smacks of rudeness to me, instead she went off with the BF. Seems v ungrateful seeing as they paid for her trip like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Ray37 wrote: »
    I am totallu baffled at MUFs trip to Milan, Firstly, she made it out as if she was chosen to be their only brand ambassador, there are actually 2 other bloggers from Ireland on the same trip. Secondly, why is her BF there?? I don't mean in Milan, but at the actual factory? I am so embarassed for her. The carry on is crazy, it is not appropriate to bring your BF to work with you... Is she trying to make him into Sues Dylan?? (Who is actually much more behind the scenes than MUFs lad). Thirdly, she didn't go to the dinner held by the brand that the other ambassadors went to.... That smacks of rudeness to me, instead she went off with the BF. Seems v ungrateful seeing as they paid for her trip like...

Also found it very weird that Paul was there. He had no business there at all it was just bizarre. So Sue's Dylan wouldn't even be seen doing something like that and they're glued to each other.
    Not the hugest fan of Sue but I actually really like her and Dylan as a couple...OT but just saying :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Is his job not full time? How does he afford to get away on all these holidays? The company hardly paid for him to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ray37 wrote: »
    Ah it's not that uncommon (in some professions) to have a partner tag along. Think it was a handy trip for their 12 holidays in 12 months thing.

That said I was surprised she didn't go to the meal last night. If I were asked to be an ambassador, I'd be bending over backwards with my first impressions. Whatever about not going, I wouldn't then snapchat my dinner at a different restaurant.

I don't care about him assisting her on the trip but it's odd that he went with her to the lab bit. Also the fact she skipped the dinner and went alone with him elsewhere does come across rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

No I don't think it's too weird going to Milan, what IS weird is going to a work event, such as the factory visit etc/lab visit. Why like? He isn't an ambassador. I'd imagine the brand are a bit like 'who is this fella'.... Like you don't bring your partner to sit in on work meetings IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I thought the Dylan thing to TBH! Wonder will he be her Dylan, give up the personal training to be her right hand man! Saw him with the camera so maybe he was taking shots for her? Bit odd tho is right! I'd imagine that's why she asked could he go! Tried to follow the other two on Snapchat to see what they show from it but nothing has come up yet! Was interested to see did they all get the facescanning done!!!

My bad, I didn't see the lab bit. I kinda gave up after seeing the water menu. Yeah sitting in on a meeting / lab tour is strange especially since he's not in the same business or industry. Like I said in the other thread, I hope she's not too reliant on him.

OK so I watched it. I saw more of that €240 meal than of the products :pac: At least they were tagged #sp. I'm kinda surprised Paul hasn't gone into this area yet. I can see his and her brand ambassador products.

I started using Alfa Parf products back in the 90s I think. Still using it. Love the Cristalli Liguidi, Semi Di Lino in my hair. Not an #sp but will gladly advertise it on all my social media for freebies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

240e for a meal for 2 people is just ridiculous, but grand if you want to spend it. But posting the price of it is very vulgar. That's a family grocery shop for a week. I spend money on things sometimes that I know are not relatable for other people, and vice versa, but I would rather die than show off like that on social media. I think my friends would ghost me!

I have a lot of good will towards her after last week, but that was very crass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

It might be a family shop but she doesn't have a family to shop for.
    Sorry I'm not pulling you up on your comment but I really dislike when people imagine what could done with other people's money, just because they chose a different life to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

It might be a family shop but she doesn't have a family to shop for.
    Sorry I'm not pulling you up on your comment but I really dislike when people imagine what could done with other people's money, just because they chose a different life to them.

I don't have a family either and have no dependents. I could easily afford that meal if I chose to. She has a few hundred thousand followers and I think it is really inappropriate to post the price of a meal like that. If I go into MAC and spend 240e on make up, I wouldn't post about it on facebook or instagram. It lacks class. I would feel guilty crowing about it.

That's just my opinion though.

I don't GAF what she spends her money on but I did find the comment "it was €240 for dinner which isn't that bad" a little notioney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

anna080 wrote: »
    I don't GAF what she spends her money on but I did find the comment "it was €240 for dinner which isn't that bad" a little notioney

€240 not including the wine/drinks, no less! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Muf had an Instagram up a couple of weeks ago of their drinks with the caption 'to an exciting new chapter' so I kinda half think he has joined her 'team' now ... which at last count is her and her ma :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Muf had an Instagram up a couple of weeks ago of their drinks with the caption 'to an exciting new chapter' so I kinda half think he has joined her 'team' now ... which at last count is her and her ma :pac:

I'd guess that the "new chapter" is that they're moving in together. She was talking the other day about how far away her new gym is, and she said "when I move closer to my new gym".

Is his job not full time? How does he afford to get away on all these holidays? The company hardly paid for him to go?

He seems to have changed gyms a couple of times recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Maybe he gets kicked out of them all for going up to strangers and giving lengthy sermons when they didn't ask for them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Maybe he gets kicked out of them all for going up to strangers and giving lengthy sermons when they didn't ask for them. :D

I actually snorted laughing at this.:D

All the posts relating to his 'new' gym are gone now so it looks like he no longer works there. I too found it pretty weird that he was in the lab with her but it makes sense if he's part of her 'team' now.

Advertisement