Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair moisturiser recommendations.

Options
  • 19-06-2017 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope yer all enjoying the sunshine, it is absolutely fabulous. I find my hair is awful dry from the sun so I googled hair moisturisers. Loads came up but I know nothing about these so I'd appreciate some advice. I also prefer to shop in a real shop as opposed to online but I'd give it a go for something really gauranteed. I don't spend a whole lot on beauty products by most people's standards so would be looking for something low to mid range price wise. Is there a product that is left in the hair, either while wet or when dried that will keep it moisturised? I have fairly frizzy middle aged hair that I let dry naturally after washing. Thanks in advance for any help, appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

It depends on your hair type. What will work for thick wavy hair will be awful for thin straight hair and if your hair is very frizzy, wiry and straw like your hair could need to be cut short as theres no saving it. If it is just frizzy then you might want to try a leave in hair treatment that you wash out, I really like Osmo intensive deep repair mask, I buy big tubs of it in Sally's. Bed head products are really good too but can be expensive. garnier natural blends oil is good, its a leave in moisturising oil. You could also get a hair treatment done in a Salon. Olaplex hair treatment is ideal for dry, frizzy hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Redkin heatpacks

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

sassyj wrote: »
    Redkin heatpacks

Are these available in shops or just hair salons? Roughly how much would it cost? Thanks for the reply, I'll definitely look into them. I've heard the name Redkin, supposed to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Honestly easiest option is coconut oil! Jar from aldi for a few quid.. what I do is stick the jar in a tub of hot water to melt it, when its melted, section hair and dip a comb into the oil and comb through! I stick it in a plait and leave it for a few hours and then wash as normal! I've left it overnight before and my hair was like silk after it! I'd have frizzy/ flyaway/ not quite straight but not quite a properly kinky hair and it works wonders!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Mcgiggles- thanks. I use coconut oil regularly anyway. I do love it but it does not fully do what I want! I work in a preschool and lice is often an issue. I find coconut oil brilliant for killing the crawlies and making egg removal very easy, yuk I know but part of the job. So, I am a very long time advocate for coconut oil, used it on my now grown up kids heads for cradle cap and for years as an all round moisturiser and spf. Maybe my hair is just too frizzy, ould and wiry even for coconut oil! Thanks so much for your reply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement